Worldwide weather module for displaying live weather readings of more than 7000 official weather stations. Originally by Vasco Nunes for Joomla! 1.0, now ported to Joomla! 1.5, 2.5 and 3.0. The Joomla! 1.6+ versions have been renamed GlobeWeather. No registration or subscription to any weather services needed.
Visit the project website for the J1.5 version.
- Displays live weather conditions of selected location(s) on your website. No weather forecasts.
- Uses public NOAA weather data from locations around the world, without the need to register or subscribe, therefore truly free.
- Flexible weather data retrieval.
- Configurable, including metric and USA units, icon set, display width, metar retrieval mode.
- Valid XHTML 1.0 Transitional.
- Language: English.
- Downloadable language pack for additional front-end languages.
- Easy to implement. You'll be up and running in minutes, certainly if you read the basic instructions first.
Also available as a Premium and Business edition. These include two additional icon sets and the option to have the sunrise/sunset time automatically calculated and applied to the displayed day/night weather icons, display colour options and much more.
- Innato BV
- Date added:
- Sep 21 2009
- GPLv2 or later
- Free download
- Uses updater:
Ease of useNot rated