This module can display images from your Joomla! articles as a slideshow, with a caption taken from the text, and a link to the articles.
The module can be used to create an easily editable slideshow by uploading images to a Joomla article, and setting this article as the source for the module.
It can also have a variety of other uses, including creating a front page slideshow, with each main image linking to a Joomla article, or as a handy way to display an image portfolio.
The module includes an HTML5 layout supporting a variety of image transitions.
* The module is smart, it can find articles with images automatically. You can just select a category, and it will find the articles and the images in them, without you needing to add anything to the articles themselves;
* You can choose the number of articles, plus from a variety of orderings, including title order, most recently modified or created, number of hits, or random;
* Alternatively, you can select specific articles only to display in the slideshow;
* There is a large range of customizable features, including whether or not to display the thumbnails, the orientation of the thumbnails (horizontal or vertical), the type of scroller used (click or mouseover), plus whether to auto-start the show on page loading;
* The module is search engine friendly, because the article caption content and the links are rendered on the page as ordinary html, the slideshow being constructed from this content, hence Google will have no problem crawling the article links.
The module supports the K2 content component as well as the Joomla Core Content articles.
For Joomla core content articles the module automatically detects the images embedded in the article html.
For K2 the module supports:-
* images embedded in an html field
* the image field
Compatible with Joomla 2.5. and 3