Responsive eXtro Lightbox
consists of a module and a plugin. Both versions have their own advantages:
The Responsive eXtro Lightbox (REL)
The lightbox module automatically creates thumbnail images of the images to display in the lightbox, all you have to do is to define the folder that contains your images. It can be published at any module position, or directly in an article by using the loadmodule plugin. The lightbox creates a so called roadtrip, ie all images are linked togehter and can be switched by clicking the left/right buttons.
The plugin version of the Responsive eXtro Lightbox (REL) allows to display thumbnails with lightbox function anywhere on your site. However, the lightbox plugin doesn't automatically create thumbnails, thumbnail and full image must be defined separately in order to display correctly.
Like the module, the plugin can also create a roadtrip of the images displayed in which the images are linked together and can be switched by clicking next/previous.
The lightbox plugin allows the admin to use optimized tumbnails, or custom thumbnails which display completely different content as the full image, or even just a normal link.
The Lightbox Module as well as the plugin are completely built in responsive design. This allows the lightbox to display optimally on small screens (smartphones) as well as up to large desktop displays.
The lightbox script is very lightweight, but still offers a lot of functionality (see the documentation). It has been built in new modern flat design.
New in V2.1.1 - 2.2.7
- added italian language files
- added greek language files
- resolved a minor bug
- corrects the greek language files
- corrects some CSS style in module and plugin for nicer display
- corrects a issue in the plugin when using spaces between each parameter
- added polish, bosnian,french, russian, romanian and chinese language files
**NEW MAJOR VERSION: V3.0.0 **
Now even better!
This new major version brings a new lightbox script: we switched to the very popular magnificlb script!
Additionally, some minor corrections and adaptions have been made + dutch language files.
New Version of the lightbox: V3.0.2 - V3.1.2
- This version adds a new feature to rebuild the thumbnails, e.g. when manual changes have been made.
- This maintenance release add turkish language files.
- this maintenance release of the lightbox improves compatibility with some templates when adding the lightbox scripts.
New Version of the Lightbox module & plugin
V3.2.0 of the lightbox brings these improvements:
- better directory selection in the lightbox module: you can now select from all directories recursively
- the lightbox has now improved responsiveness
New Version of the eXtro Lightbox: V4.0.0
This new major version of the lightbox brings these improvements:
- a brand new editor plugin makes creating the lightbox plugin tag even easier
- the lightbox plugin will now create a thumbnail image automatically
- but you still can use your own lightbox thumbnail image - so you are not forced to use the tn creation process
- 2 new options for the thumbnail image
Effective immediately, we've changed our subscription model. The new subscription model contains a 12 month (1 year) download period for the product, support is optionally bookable. Delivering high quality support (which we believe we do) is the most costly part of our business. We believe that by making support optional, there is a win-win situation with lower prices for customers.
Responsive eXtro Lightbox
- Last updated:
- Jul 29 2015
- Date added:
- Nov 19 2014
- GPLv2 or later
- Paid download
- Uses updater:
Ease of use
Value for money