The Joaktree application allows you to easily synchronize your website with the genealogical data in your desktop application and puts you in the driver’s seat for controlling what information is published on the internet.
Version 1.5.0 for Joomla! 3.x is released (7 June 2013).
Version 1.4.4 for Joomla! 2.5 is released (9 May 2013).
Version 1.4.3 for Joomla! 2.5 is released (26 September 2012). This is a release to solve some reported bugs from version 1.4.2.
Version 1.4.2 for Joomla! 2.5 is released (12 September 2012). With this version users of your site can modify data online, upload pictures, etc. All features use Joomla's ACL. In addition, you can display your genealogical information on maps.
* Repeated synchronization with any stand alone application capable of producint GedCom 5.5 (and 5.5.1) files;
* Online adding, editing and deleting of information to keep your genealogy up-to-date;
* Wide support of GedCom tags (information)
* Control over the published data (privacy filters);
* Publication of source information of published data;
* Support of showing notes
* Notes and sources can be viewed per event
* Ease of use for the administrator of the website;
* Ease of navigation for the visitor of the website - such as drilldown to grandparents, grandchildren and more details;
* Search functionality;
* Publication of maps;
* Publication of pictures;
* Publication of an index;
* Publication of a Gendex;
* Support family trees of more than one family;
* Highly configurable - information can be shown based on access level of user
=== Wishlist for Joaktree ===
(last updated September 12, 2012)
* Creating a visual representation of a family tree;
* Calculate relationship distance between two persons;
* Integrating Joaktree with JoomSocial