TimeHits its a plugin system that reset articles hits, was made for those that don’t went to manually reset the article visualization (hits) it does this automatically.
This plugin Works with “date periods” selected by you on administrator.
This plugin is for websites that intent to create “To 10 articles of the week” (most visited)
Websites that have many traffic and would like to show different content by relevance of period time, after this period the trigger clean all article hits and naturally the most visited come form again the TOP articles on home page.
- Set a initial date for the trigger (to clean hits)
- Frequency: Term date until next trigger based on days to clear the hits
- Set a default hit value
- Configure for all articles or for categories of articles
- Create “Top of the week”, To of the day, fortnight, month, etc
- Translate for your own language
On backend, inside of user admin you can see the date and frequency established for control (print screen)
This plugin doesn’t need cronjob to run. He clean the hits on desired period. In case that article doesn’t have hits, plugin not execute and jump to the next date configured.
The plugin system was configured to clear the hits before of the page renderization, so even if the system was updating the hits, the first visitor on site will see the Top hits updated.