This Joomla plugin simply takes the starting chunk of text from the page’s content and applies that as the value for the meta description tag in the page’s head. Search engines often use a Web page’s meta description in the SERPs, and as such it is important that these meta descriptions have relevant text related to the page’s content.
NOTE: This plugin generates the meta data "on the fly" when the page is loaded, it does not save the meta data to the content's meta data fields seen in the Joomla editor. These fields can then be used to override the auto-generated meta description generated by this plugin. To see the plugin at work, you must view your page's source in your browser.
Ability to customize how the front page meta description is handled. You can choose between having it auto generated based on the front page's content, or using the default Joomla site-wide meta description.
HTML page title configuration. Set your page titles in three different ways:
- [CONTENT TITLE] | [SITE NAME]
- [SITE NAME] | [CONTENT TITLE]
- [CONTENT TITLE] (Joomla 1.5 default) You can also customize what the separator is (in this ex. it's a pipe |, but can be any character).
Additionally, you can customize the front page of your site's title tag in a number of different ways (or not at all). Layouts include:
- [Disable - Use Joomla Default]
- [Custom Title] | [Site Title]
- [Site Title] | [Custom Title]
- [Custom Title]
- [Site Title]
- [Site Title] | [Default Title] NEW
- [Default Title] | [Site Title] NEW
- [Custom Title] | [Default Title] NEW
- [Default Title] | [Custom Title] NEW
NEW in 2.0
We have added the ability to set your category pages to "noindex, follow" -- a common meta robots setting for such pages to avoid duplicate content penalties.
All feedback is greatly appreciated and will go towards making future versions even better. Enjoy!
- Dao By Design/Ryan McLaughlin
- Last updated:
- Feb 12 2015
- Date added:
- Feb 10 2008
- GPLv2 or later
- Free download
- Uses updater:
Ease of use