GroupDocs.Viewer for Cloud
This extension integrates the cloud version of the GroupDocs HTML5 document viewer. It allows you to embed and display PDF and Office documents on any page within your Joomla! website. The GroupDocs.Viewer for Cloud has a convenient interface for reading multipage documents embedded to a webpage and doesn't require any plugin installation on the client side. Supported document formats include:
- PDF and Microsoft Word documents.
- Microsoft Excel spreadsheets.
- Microsoft PowerPoint presentations.
- OpenDocument formats.
- Microsoft Visio diagrams.
- RTF, TXT, CSV, XPS, EPUB formats.
- CAD and raster images: DXF, GIF, BMP, JPG, TIFF, PNG.
This extension is based on the GroupDocs cloud API service and requires documents to be hosted on GroupDocs servers. We use state-of-the-art Amazon EC2 infrastructure to ensure complete security for your content. However, if you'd like to keep your documents in-house, please consider our downloadable .NET or Java versions of the HTML5 document viewer, which can be deployed on your own servers. For more details on the viewer and deployment options, please visit our website:
KEY FEATURES AND BENEFITS
- No need to install anything on the client side. Users can view documents embedded to your website from any browser that supports HTML5. PDF files can be viewed without having to install Adobe Acrobat Reader.
- Thanks to HTML5 technology, documents are rendered as real text files, not images. This allows users to select and copy text to the clipboard right from documents embedded to a web-page.
- Native text rendering ensures that fonts look sharp, just like in the original documents.
- The viewer comes with a convenient web interface which allows users to seamlessly navigate large documents right on a web-page. Users can turn over pages like slides, jump straight to a specified page, preview pages with thumbnails, search for text within the document, zoom in/out of a page, print and download the original file.
INSTALLING THE VIEWER
Before you proceed, please be aware that you need to sign up for a GroupDocs account to be able to use this extension. We do offer a free plan, so that you can test the viewer before committing. For more details on available plans, please go to this page:
For installation instructions, please see the documentation:
Also, please visit our website for more information on features and deployment options of the GroupDocs HTML5 document viewer:
GroupDocs.Viewer for Cloud
- Marketplace Team
- Last updated:
- Dec 15 2014
- Date added:
- Nov 19 2014
- GPLv2 or later
- Free download
- Uses updater:
- 2.5 3
Ease of useNot rated