read less title
This plugin allows you to fully control the appearance of the titles of your articles. It is born out of read less, but set apart to provide greater flexibility and functionality while still operating lightning fast.
• Limit the length of the titles. Do you have articles with titles longer than your template can cope with? Now this no longer poses a problem!
• Control the cases of your titles. Do you have authors who like to SHOUT? Now you can override their preference!
• Prefix the title with various information. Does your template get rid of all article information, but still want a minimalistic way of showing the author/article size/hit count/... ? Now you can!
The latest release is a bug fix release and is a recommended upgrade.
v3.3 brings enhancements to
• better deal with names in titles.
• better configure the contexts (where read less title may be active)
read less title only affects the title of those articles you want on those pages you configure: disable or uninstall this plugin and the original titles will be fully displayed again.
read less title provides an easy but very powerful way to configure when it may be active. Quick configurations are available which will suit most users; a precise configuration is available so you can decide on which read less title may be active: which articles from which components, in which views.
Changes in v3.3b:
• Multi byte characters could disappear under certain configurations. Fixed.
• Numbers could disappear under certain configurations. Fixed.
• Brackets could disappear under certain configurations. Fixed.
• You can now configure whether text between brackets must be suppressed.
Changes in v3.3:
• Length calculation correction: if a title is stored with multiple subsequent spaces, that whitespace is counted as one.
• More flexibility in when prefix and suffix are added.
• Enhanced contexts: you can now target all articles in a specific category (note that this is different from targeting a category view, which was already possible).
• More choice in how your title is formatted.
Changes in v3.2:
• Only minor enhancements have been made since the last Beta 2.
• This version is fully compatible with J2.5 too.
Changes in v3.2 Beta 2:
• Bug fixes, including a nasty php error when cutting off at word boundary was enabled.
Changes in v3.2 Beta:
• Fully prepared for use in J1.6 and J1.7
• All bug fixes for the general part of read less text are applied to read less title too.
• A lot more tags can be expanded as prefix and suffix.
• Discover text is much more helpful.