- This extension requires registration to download.
With extensions you can translate k2, aiContactSafe, Docman , Redshop, jDownload, phocaDownload ....
The free version has a backlink to faboba site. You can remove it if you upgrade to a basic or standard version without loosing your translations and parameters.
The Free version has no limitation.
Falang doesn't use the default language system of Joomla 2.5 and 3.0. You don't have to specify a language for each content article or menu item (which results in a huge amount of duplication).
Did you ever ask yourself how you can create a multi-lingual website without copying every single item and re-creating them in the new language? Then Falang is one of the possible answers to this problem.
In case of problems look for the solution in that page: falang’s problems resolution
Falang is a fork of Joomfish 2.1.7 which has been re-written to be compatible with Joomla! 2.5 and now Joomla! 3.0.
+ Compatible with Joomla 3.0
+ fix bug in category filter details
+ fix compatibily with mysql 5.5 (engine)
1. Sometimes edited content not saved (if you edit in html mode and press save - changed content not saved, you must switch off html mode and then it work).
2. Sometimes I saw several records in falang component to one content and I can edit any of them but result will be the same.
3. Sometimes I can't switch on publishing check, but content has been published.
4. Joomla create single link to home page in any languages and native switcher works correctly with this links (then I click to domain.com, it go to domain.com/lang page), but falang switcher don't work properly and it go to default language page.
5. Custom controls can't be edited in falang
Last update was been several months ago and I don't recommended use this control until author fix this errors.
All your problem are very strange because it's never happens to any user.
Are you sure your joomla installation is well done ?
Look at the other reviews.
I´m happy to find this component and invest some bucks for it. This component is easy to install, leightweight, easy to handle and the support is great. Keep up the good work Stéphane... Cheers, Elvis
Thanks a million!
So I went ahaed and spent the 35Euro and I have to say, this extension is worth every cent. Not only does Stephan do a incredible job answering support questions - within 30minutes i got an answer - but also Falang supports the native lang feature
So i could resolve my troubles simply by cloning the modules and add them to the specific language, without doing any additional hacking etc.
This is way better then using the native Joomla language solution, especially if you have a huge site, cause it wil make your life so much easier
Therefore 5* Start from me
Keep up the good work
Had the J! team included natively easy to use language views and life would be easier for webmasters...but they didn't and Falang is the free answer, although totally bypassing J! native language management.
At the present stage, Falang is the simplest free way of managing multilingual sites effectively. Simple, organized, straighforward, just like any good CMS component should be.
To become perfect, Falang just needs some extra automation:
- Bing/Google automatic translation button / cron (like MissintgT)
- Some information on creating content elements, so the community can start adding external modules
- Frontend editing
Overall, at present, the must have for J!2.5 multilingual management
This developer should be given an army of programmers! Plus the name is hilarious, if you've ever been to Thailand...
I'm using it for English/ Welsh school site.
The welsh language file for joomla currently doesn't exist.
The developer helped me create a language file to get the site and component working.
The support is excellent.
Component is fantastic to use, showing you pages you have converted and which ones you need to do.
Simple for frontend users, click a flag to change language.
This is for sure the easiest method i have found for language options on Joomla 2.5
Developer is super helpful and replies to emails quickly.
Component is fantastic !!
The only option I can't find is to display the language based on domain (so .de is german, .fr french, etc.)