- This extension requires registration to download.
* Manage translations for any content in a single interface that shows an original and a translation at the same time
* Only translate fields that need translation and automatically reuse those that don't (e.g. images or links)
* Speed up translations by using Google translate (requires very cheap API key purchase)
* Optionally translate and associate (translation with original) items directly from the native interface (inline translations for core extensions)
* Supports all core extensions and large number of 3rd party extensions (using Joomfish content elements)
End user features
* Instant switching between languages that takes you directly to the same page in a different language
* When translation does not exist, either original item or a predefined message is shown. Optionally you can also chose to remove untranslated items from lists (list view, blog view, menus etc)
* Joomfish migrator - plugin for JupgradePro to migrate JoomFish translations from Joomla 1.5. to 2.5./3.x
LanterFish is a fork of Joomfish 2.5. that was substantially bugfixed and re-written to work with Joomla 3 (including 3.2) (while maintaining j2.5. compatibility).
New in 1.3.4
Added an option to remove untranslated menus
New in 1.3.3
Much improved "Remove untranslated items from lists" function
New in 1.3.2
Added an option to remove untranslated items from lists
New in 1.3.1
missing translations plugin
Lanternfish takes up the challenge of supporting Joomfish and provides some essential fixes like editing articles from the front-end in languages other than the default. After banging my head against the wall thinking it was me that had created the problem, Lanternfish had already magically fixed the problem.
Lanternfish provides essential functionality and support for anyone continuing to use Joomfish. Sure it costs a bit but if you're running a multi-lingual production site, it's a small price to pay for a system that works.
Each extension tested has bugs, deficiencies, excessive complexity, or lack of really frontend edition.
And finally Lantern Fish does exactly what I want without the slightest problem!
This extension combines the improvements of joomla 2.5 and 3.X with simplicity of Joomfish.
Congratulations to the developers!