- This extension requires registration to download.
The main features of the component are:
* Member Pages with fully configurable fields!
* Photo and Video Gallery
* Comment System (page owner can delete any comment on his page or report them to the admin)
* Messaging System (users can create, send and receive personal messages)
* Interaction System (sending kisses between user)
* Rating System
* Friends List (including pending requests; user can set the page status visible only for friends)
* Ignore List (to avoid spamming or any unwanted contact)
* Advanced Search (to find friends or matches after certain criteria like gender, age, etc., criteria which are fully configurable by the administrator from the existing page fields.
* Radius Search (using Google maps).
* Membership Plans with integrated Payment Gateways: Paypal, Moneybookers, Sagepay (support for one till four membership-level, so that users can upgrade their account in order to receive a higher number of allowed photo and friends. For each level, differentiated prices can be set, depending on the time period. The membership plans feature can be enable or disabled by the administrator.)
* Smarty-based Templating System (can be enabled or disabled by the administrator.)
The Administrator of the system has the following features enabled:
* Dashboard. The dashboard displays different statistics, user count and levels, latest users, latest payments, latest reports.
* User List. Configurable member level, ban option and user details including Reports & Payments.
* Reports List. Administrator can see reports, act (ban, send warning, delete) and set their status.
* Payments. List of existing payments where the administrator can edit the status in case they require manual approval (for payments with IPN, but as pending, processing, etc.)
* Page Fields. The administrator can create custom fields, define there type (text area, dropdown, checkbox, radiobox, etc.), set them as required and specify the parameters. Another very important feature is that the administrator can set what custom fields are visible on certain pages. Also to easy the work, a drag&drop method is available here.
* Pricing. Membership levels (up to four) can be created, where different prices on each level can be set, for certain time periods.
Various settings for the Love Factory extension are also available on the component backend under the Settings Page.
FURTHER DETAILED INFORMATION IS AVAILABLE ON THE PRODUCT HOMEPAGE!
It's really strange that you felt the need for this review stating it's "the worst product you came across", especially since you are constantly using it and also after placing the review, acquired a new license, renewing the existing one :)
The product is good but has scope for lots of improvement. The product could have been better, its INFERIOR to many dating sites.
SUPPORT - There are two people who respond for support. The technical guy is very good at support. He responds well and is very polite and helpful.
Then for other support - like questions about upgrade process, custom work, request for features, suggestions or anything that you criticise (negative feedback for improvement) there is another person who responds to questions rudely and impolitely and I should say a bit unprofessionally. Sometimes he would just send a link (nothing else but link)to some of their article in response to a question. Before buying visit their forum to find out. Many of their past replies are now deleted so if I go back and check whet they said they will do will not be there (personal experience).
No feature of Automatic email alerts and match notifications - Almost ALL dating sites have email alerts that drive users back to the site - Love factory DOES NOT have this feature. The product has many good features but it has been almost the same since I bought an year ago. There has not been many improvements so if you use it then you will be lagging in competition with dating sites of 2012. The feature of a search module was a good addition after all of us asked for it for months it was added- Imagine a dating site without a search module !
There were many bugs and I myself reported atleast 7 bugs that they had to fix. The response to any bugs is quick by the support but anything other than that - you will get a rude response or a link to some article. They seem to NOT test their code and many many bugs gets identified by USERS who pay to get the product. You can visit their forum and see the number of issues that needs to be fixed each month.
The upgrade process for versions is PATHETIC. They change the database structure in many versions and you loose or get incorrect data after upgrading. You have to uninstall the component and reinstall completely. When you restore the backup, for some versions you loose database values and the table structure would have changed. For each version upgrade, I had 70% rework plus all changes to the CSS.
OVERALL - Nice product but lags behind the latest dating sites, a part of support is rude and unprofessional, Not 100% worth the price of USD 160,
As you noticed we followed all your suggestions and we are glad to see you sent us a new 5-star review under the name "kalesht".
After the incident from 21.09.2012, of course we had to stop providing updates. Since it's almost a year after your initial purchase, you have received for around 11 months regular updates without having any issues with our "Inconsistent Support Policies". Sure, after breaching of our terms&conditions and thus upgrade downloads stopped, I can see that you are angry and want to write revenge-reviews, but that does not make it right.
The process of getting update is very simple on our site, you just have to login and click a few links, and it worked for you as you sure know.
I feel it's unfair that you felt you had to provide a misleading negative review just to get your "revenge". You know very well that you had practically zero issues with product support and updates for the last 11 months, and suddenly after you have breached our terms you feel the need to rate us negatively.
You can see that all our customers had absolutely no issues with our component, upgrades or support. We provide A+ support and we will keep doing so!
Besides this, the support is extremely helpful! They say customizations are not part of the support, but i had plenty of help!
Great system which has never failed me and my users.
I am using Love Factory and Chat Factory and they are both excellent. There were a few issues with the template I was using (Affinity by RocketTheme) that Alex helped me get through. (on the side of defense for "The Factory" products - anyone who has used Rocket Theme products know that they do a lot of customization to the core Joomla code, even including their own version of Joomla that need to be installed) So consider that whenever having an issue getting a component, module, plugin to work with Rocket Theme. Not saying it is bad, just different.
Anyway, I (and my team) are completely happy with Love Factory and Chat Factory and would recommend them without hesitation.
Support and documentation is outstanding – a great help on the forum and even on the phone! Nicely done Erik&Team
And a great ++ is the fine support of the team – thanks guys! I will for sure look forward to next releases in this area (social networks)
Unlike JDating and Jodda, it's ready to use! And although it's slighty more expensive than the others, there are no complicated pages to plough through in the back-end and setting up the search criteria and user preferences was incredibly easy.
I was able to easily customise the front-end and incporate it into my site. As well as that, the search results are quick and the 'my profile' looks great.
You also do NOT need to log-in again when accessing the dating component from the front end. This I found to be a very tedious 'unremovable' issue with other components of this nature.
They say that "you get's what you pay's for" and in this case, it's absolutely true. If you're serious about creating a dating site, then this component is definately the one to purchase.