Alexandria Book Library is free and open source.
* Free! ;-)
* MVC structured code
* Book management:
o Alias (for SEF optimization or Search Engine Friendly URL)
o Insert Date
o Year of publication
o Place of publication
o Catalog number
o Authors (multiple selection)
o Number of pages
o Author of review
o Alias of author of review
o Review/Introduction with plugins support
o URL and it's label
o Metadata (description and keys). Will be inserted into document meta tag for SEO scope (Search Engine Optimization)
* Authors management:
o Description (Bibliografy, Introduction, etc)
* Editors management:
* Category management:
* Place of publication management
* Library management
* tags manager
* import/export tool
With the frontend publication you can choose from:
* Single author: menu item will shows all book from that author
* Author List: menu item will shows all authors
* Single book: this will show a single book choosen
* Categories: this option will shows the whole library categorized
* Category: this will shows all books from only that category
* Tag group: this will shows all tags
* Tag: this will shows all books with same tag
* Search: the visitor will get the Alexandria Book Library search engine
Alexandria Book Library can be published more times on the same site. This way let you to improve you site with many different views.
Extra features: jcomment plugin (j3.x, j1.5, j2.5), Xmap plugin (j3.x, j1.5, j2.5), sh404SEF plugin (j1.5)
but author selection makes the book input complicated, etc. and seems not publisher field?
and cannot know how to import an csv if no sample for reference....
but generally speaking, it is better than MediaLibrary for chinese support and good design for easy use front end...
Hi, thank you for your review!
We are developing this features. On the next release, with other few things, there will be import and export in CSV and SQL format. Stay Tuned! Thanks!