Alexandria Book Library is free and open source.
* Free! ;-)
* MVC structured code
* Book management:
o Alias (for SEF optimization or Search Engine Friendly URL)
o Insert Date
o Year of publication
o Place of publication
o Catalog number
o Authors (multiple selection)
o Number of pages
o Author of review
o Alias of author of review
o Review/Introduction with plugins support
o URL and it's label
o Metadata (description and keys). Will be inserted into document meta tag for SEO scope (Search Engine Optimization)
* Authors management:
o Description (Bibliografy, Introduction, etc)
* Editors management:
* Category management:
* Place of publication management
* Library management
* tags manager
* import/export tool
With the frontend publication you can choose from:
* Single author: menu item will shows all book from that author
* Author List: menu item will shows all authors
* Single book: this will show a single book choosen
* Categories: this option will shows the whole library categorized
* Category: this will shows all books from only that category
* Tag group: this will shows all tags
* Tag: this will shows all books with same tag
* Search: the visitor will get the Alexandria Book Library search engine
Alexandria Book Library can be published more times on the same site. This way let you to improve you site with many different views.
Extra features: jcomment plugin (j3.x, j1.5, j2.5), Xmap plugin (j3.x, j1.5, j2.5), sh404SEF plugin (j1.5)
A Pro version, with a paid subscription, would be a much needed addition the developers should look into.
All-in-all, this is a an excellent extension needing additions.
Thanks for the good work
thanks for your review, but to get technical support you have to post your message to the Abook forum.
If you haven't installed com_jcomment you have to uncheck the jcomment option in the Abook configuration (book and category tabs).
I am developing a website for a non-profit school and using it there .
(Only one request since there is no plugin support for SEF like in 1.5 version of the same,so wish author would support that for Sh404sef for Joomla version 2.5 too )
The major con is that there's no 1.6 native version. I wonder if this in te planning already.
Alexandria Book Library for !Joomla 1.6 is coming soon.