* publish courses (events) in multiples categories or tags, as list and as course details,
* publish course (event) templates without dates (preview of courses (events) - interested parties list)
* offer online payments via PayPal,
* display of free seats
* support of 2nd currency using a static exchange rate
* display up to 5 price groups depending on Joomla! Usergroups (e.g. prices for members)
* display if a course (event) is already fully booked
* offer documents to download
* list trainer profiles (trainer lists) and the courses of the trainer
* display of more course (event) details (day, time, room, etc)
* and much more..
* book multiple seats on events or
* register as interested party to events without date
* pay via Paypal
* registered users can view their invoices in front-end
* registered users can view favorites
(Settings in the) Backend:
* automatic users registration,
* attachment of invoices on booking confirmation emails,
* customize email and invoice templates,
* administrate all users on this list in back-end and notify them on new course (event) dates,
* prices can be displayed with or without VAT,
* VAT rate can be set per course (event),
* sending particpants or groups of participants emails directly from the backend,
* automatic PDF invoice generation (optional)
* generate PDF attendee lists,
* create custom fields for the application form,
* clone courses (events) from templates,
* add meta description and keywords to courses (events) and categories,
* organize course (event) with tags or categories,
* customize front-end course (event)listings by setting course (event) attributes,
* administrate tutors, tutor profiles,
* associate tutors with course (event) templates and certain skills. If you then,
create a course (event) from a template the system recommends matching tutors,
* allow acces to the backend with limited rights (manager and trainer roles)
* and much more
The extension has all the must have functionality out of the box. (Set up courses, display a course list in the front-end, accept bookings, send invoices and attendee-lists, produce course certificates.) Whats more: I am confident that the team behind OSG Seminar Manager is committed to continually developing this extension further. An important consideration for us because we are in the seminar business for the long term and would not want to use an extension that may go away in a year or two.
I have yet to find another free extension with so many useful features packed under its hood. I would have gladly paid a couple of hundred bucks for this package and that is what I donated after everything was up and running.
Thanks OSG Team.
The extension itself is the best seminar listing and booking software I have found for our purpose - better than any of the paid extensions.
It is easy to customize the extension to meet our specific needs.
Many of the other extensions don't make provisions to list the Instructor for the course. That seems strange, because in our experience most people want to know who is teaching the course.
I have searched everywhere - not just Joomla, but everywhere I could think of - and in my humble opinion, this is the best Seminar Listing and Booking software I have seen.
They have great demos of the front end and the back end, and you can review all of the documentation.
I was even able to test the demo to make sure that we could embed a page with an instructor's seminars into a web page on the instructor's web site. It "responsive" feature even works on the small pages we created for mobile devices.
To be fair, there are some extensions I haven't tried because their demos are so limited that I cannot tell if they will meet our needs or not, and they emphasize that they will not provide a trial period or give a refund if their extension doesn't meet our needs.
That is not a problem with the OSG Seminar Manager. It hasn't cost us anything, but we will definitely be sending them a nice donation to thank them for the great work that they do.
We learned long ago that when you have enough confidence in your product to offer a money back guarantee, you sell more products.
OSG goes even further: They have so much confidence this this great product that let you use it and then pay on the honor system once you see how much it is worth.
All views, CSS classes and tables are clear structured so you can customize the extension and use the tables for your own modules with just a little experience.
Sorry - I think it could be very useful.
On our website you can find an extensive documentation. Also you can use the forum and we offer support on our website.