Version 1.5.0 for Joomla! 3.x is released (7 June 2013).
Version 1.4.4 for Joomla! 2.5 is released (9 May 2013).
Version 1.4.3 for Joomla! 2.5 is released (26 September 2012). This is a release to solve some reported bugs from version 1.4.2.
Version 1.4.2 for Joomla! 2.5 is released (12 September 2012). With this version users of your site can modify data online, upload pictures, etc. All features use Joomla's ACL. In addition, you can display your genealogical information on maps.
* Repeated synchronization with any stand alone application capable of producint GedCom 5.5 (and 5.5.1) files;
* Online adding, editing and deleting of information to keep your genealogy up-to-date;
* Wide support of GedCom tags (information)
* Control over the published data (privacy filters);
* Publication of source information of published data;
* Support of showing notes
* Notes and sources can be viewed per event
* Ease of use for the administrator of the website;
* Ease of navigation for the visitor of the website - such as drilldown to grandparents, grandchildren and more details;
* Search functionality;
* Publication of maps;
* Publication of pictures;
* Publication of an index;
* Publication of a Gendex;
* Support family trees of more than one family;
* Highly configurable - information can be shown based on access level of user
=== Wishlist for Joaktree ===
(last updated September 12, 2012)
* Creating a visual representation of a family tree;
* Calculate relationship distance between two persons;
* Integrating Joaktree with JoomSocial
Seemless installation. The ability to upload and incorporate Gedcom files. You can selectively plot genealogy data on a static or interactive map. It will connect to Google geoplotting for all my entries and get the lat/long of their locations. I could add much more but the best thing is that it's built in a way that is very flexible for your particular needs.
The only element I had any difficulty with was to add a button to "create article" allowing my users to add a map to their own submissions. This may have been my own fault as I have many other extensions integrated into these article submissions and not all of those work as well as Joaktree.
Niels has created a super tool for anyone that wants to add an interactive family tree to their site. I am very happy to find more and more features each time I log into it and add names. The photo slide show is a very nice compliment to the package.
The support from the forum is not only quick and helpful, but Niels answers questions with obvious enthusiasm and pride for his work. THANK YOU, Niels you have a fine product.
Thanks for your review. Is much appreciated.
I am a newbe to Genealogy and doubted if I would understand how to start. I strubbled on this component and I have not regrets, from day one Niels has been supportive to distraction (even on a busy schedule).
This is component looks daunting but a comprehensive manual is available, if like me you find manuals confusing then just download the component set up the basics no need for Gedcom and just start adding your family tree from the front-end.
Voila, log out and there you are the start of your family tree.
Take a look at Neils site you will see the wishlist I mean come on guys this is currently free, Neils is a busy chap and still the support is better than most paid components.
I can rave all day, A maga Thank you to the developer Neils who is giving back to the Joolma community.
Thanks for your enthusiastic endorsement. Greatly appreciated.
I particularly like the way you can integrate custom articles with your tree members. I had a query about article linking, and the developer answered back in hours with a solution. You rarely see this response with commercial support.
I have no hestitation in recommending this excellent component.
Now I'm into tweaking the settings.
My favourite extension for genealogy, tried others as well but this one beats them all.
Thanks for your enthousiasm!
Issue with version 5.5.1 is resolved in Joaktree component v1.2.4.