- This extension requires registration to download.
New Release - v2.0.1 - June 14th, 2013
No Monthly Service Fees, Unlimited Usage, International Coverage (Miles or Kilometers)!
* New 2.0.1 - Joomla 3.0/3.1 Support!
* New 22.214.171.124 - Marker Clustering Support. Great for large Data Sets!
* New 126.96.36.199 - Large Data-set Speed and Stability Improvements
* New 188.8.131.52 - Enhanced Search by Name, New Fields: Start/End Publishing
* New 184.108.40.206 - Module Update! Added Category and Feature Filters!
* Joomla! 1.5/1.6/1.7/2.5/3.0/3.1 Compatible!
* Tag Support - Great for Filtering by Services, Products and other Facilities with Tag Icon options.
* Google Suggest - Clarify Vague Searches
* Google Maps API v3 Support!
* Google Maps SSL Support Adds Enhanced Security
* Supports Unlimited Store Locations and Categories, with numerous field options available
* Search by Closest Proximity within chosen Radius
* Unlimited Categories for Organizing your Store Locations
* Customize the Marker Icons - Over 90+ Icons Included or Upload Your Own!
* European / International Support
* Google Maps API v2 Integration (Requires Free API Key)
* Automatic Geocoding of Store Locations - Convert your addresses into Lat / Long
* Geocoding of User Searches - Users can type anything Google maps accepts
* CSV Locations Import / Export - Also supports Category Import
* Batch Geocoder via Google Geocoding Web Service - Encode batches of addresses
* Global Support (Support for Kilometers or Miles)
* Limit Number of Search Results
* Automatic Distance Calculations
* Provide Easy Directions via Google Maps
* Multiple Map Types - Roads, Satellite, Hybrid, Terrain
* Supports Mouse Wheel Zooming
* Able to Have Multiple Locators with Different Locations
* Mootools Powered AJAX Searches
* Open Source GNU GPL v3 Licensed
* Easy to Add, Edit, Delete Store Locations in Joomla Admin Area
* CSS and DIV based layouts, Customizable Display Options
* Joomla! Language Support w/ Joom!Fish Support
* Module Included: Quick Search Module - Search from Any Page
I was able to import 600 locations with very few problems, only 3 of them had any trouble geocoding and that was just due to some formatting issues and it was easy to fix.
I did have a small issue originally since I am on a mac and it wasn't recognizing the newlines in my csv file, but a quick email to support solved the issue very quickly!
They responded within hours of my email, ensuring that it would work properly, despite the company's web server using fairly dated technology.
It installed perfectly, even noticing that I had JoomFish installed. I changed a few of the entries in the language file to reflect "offices" instead of a "store".
It's EXTREMELY customizable, so I got it to look as I wanted even without a template override - even let me embed an article above the component in the page.
The dated version of PHP on this particular web server gave the component a few hiccups, but again, I emailed them and within 2 hours, they had produced a fix and very easy instructions on how to do it.
5/5 for sure! It's robust enough that I might even start using it for other features on the site I hadn't even thought of!
The only thing that had a slight issue was tagging on batch upload- it created duplicate tags instead of leaving the same tags so I had to manually re-tag all based on one tag. Not a big deal.
Had an error happen with an upgrade of one site and sysgen provided prompt service and the issue was fixed within 48 hours.
Easy to install, easy to configure and easy to enter data.
Support is great as well. Quick response, common sense and a pragmatic attitude. Keep up the good work guys!
I did have some installation problems, and got just about the best support I ever received on any such product.
This guy is going to make a million dollars, I bet. He provides what we all want--a nicely functioning product and superior customer support.
Pros: Custom fields, separate search module, multiple categories, toggle on/off loading of map, language files, and yes you can search for any location in the world on a single map.
Cons: (More of a feature suggestion list) no option for text-only results, no toggle between miles and kilometers on a single map.
However, we paid double the current price of the component and our subscription ran out right before the recent update (yesterday!) and reduction in price. Normally, developers we have worked with would be understanding and gladly provide the update to early adopters without question. In this case, no such understanding was found.
This may not seem like a big deal, but a developer's treatment of his customers in matters like this play a critical role for those of us who support the premium component marketplace.
"Due to a misunderstanding on our subscription length, I thought our subscription was supposed to be for 12 months, instead of the actual 6. However, with another email to support, the misunderstanding was cleared, and they sent us the latest version as a sign of good faith and understanding. Sysgen Media really does reflect what customer support should be in the Premium Component marketplace, and I can and do recommend them to anyone reading this review. I will definitely be purchasing updates in the future! ~ Don Gilbert"
Other than that, its brilliant.