- This extension requires registration to download.
With Geocode Factory Component, you can create an unlimited number of Google Maps (v3) or Openstreetmap (or other custom map). Each map has its unique parameters like zoom, zoom range, clustering, size, intro texts, radius search, locate me button (browser position for Android devices, iPhone, iPad, new browsers), etc... Any map can also be assigned to it's individual menu item if desired or into a module position (free module available).
The capabilities of Geocode Factory are extended by use of "markersets". Markersets are how the mapped data that shows on a particular map is defined and filtered. Creation of a markerset is very easy and multiple markersets can be displayed on the same map. For example if you wanted a map that displayed both the locations of your Jomsocial members and your SobiPro entries, Geocode Factory can do this!
The bubble (normal or tabbed) can contain any custom fields from the source component, an online status, avatar (icon for sobi2), streetview, distance from radius, waysearch, etc. The bubble is fully customizable with HTML statements, and loaded with a click with ajax to reduce the loading time.
You can mix profiles and points of interest on the same map (with different icons ans bubbles), for example, by showing the Sobi2 entries in a 50km radius from the logged user.
If you have existing profiles, it's easy to fetch the geographical coordinates (geocode) for them by the user postal address (zipcode, street, country ... etc). The process is launched in one click and the program divide the profiles in packages, to prevent max time execution errors. You can also silent geocode users during profile creation and edition. Google Apikey is no more needed.
This package includes :
Jomsocial plugin Map and Geocode plugin
Community Builder plugin Map and Geocode plugin
Full features list: http://www.myjoom.com/docs-geocode-factory/manuals-documentation/geocode-factorys-features-list
How it work link : http://www.myjoom.com/docs-geocode-factory/manuals-documentation/geocode-factory-how-it-work
I did run into a couple of problems that were SEF related, but Cedric, the developer, was quick with his support. He even went ahead and upgraded my installation for me. Extra points for that!
A couple of comments/suggestions:
- there are a few issues with the English language file. this is not major. I'll see if I can provide one.
- the process of creating a map is not very intuitive. first you need to create a marker. then you create a map. i am not sure why this is a 2-step process. just my opinion.
- the process of ordering the product also seemed a bit convoluted to me. it should be a simple one-step checkout process.
Overall, this is a good product worth the money you pay for it.
I'd like to suggest some improvements if I may say:
- I wish that there is a "copy" function in the Marker Manager like the one in Joomla Module Manager so if we want to put the same marker layout to another map we dont have to start from the beginning.
- I wish that there is an "on/off" toggle button in the front-end for showing markers in a map. That way, when we have many kind of markers in a map, the users can choose if they want to show some markers or not
- I wish the link to CB profile pop-up in the bubble info has a choice of not limiting to registered users only but open to everybody (like when we create a CB List, there are choices that allowed access to EVERYBODY)
So Cedric, we all eager to see your next upgrade :)
It does what it says and much much more.
I have been working with it for about a week and I absolutely love it like my customers.
Really nicely coded and allows for much customization to fit your own template/site.
Cedric is an amazing guy.
As mentioned above, money and time well spent.
Thanks a lot mate. I wish all components were as well written as this. I hope to do business with you again soon.
Thank you Geocode factory
Buy it. Its that simple! ^_^
Well worth the money!
Thank again Cedric
In the beginning I found a small bug, but with very good assistance from the developer and a very clear forum. All worked perfectly and looks very perfect in my website.