- This extension requires registration to download.
New Release - v126.96.36.199 - Jan 12th, 2014
No Monthly Service Fees, Unlimited Usage
International Coverage - Miles or Kilometers!
Joomla Language Support / Joom!Fish Support
Now Compatible with Farlang!
* New 2.1.0 - Joomla 3.x Responsive Layout!
* Joomla! 1.5/1.6/1.7/2.5/3.0/3.1 Compatible!
* Tag Support - Great for Filtering by Services, Products and other Facilities with Tag Icon options.
* Google Suggest - Clarify Vague Searches
* Google Maps API v3 Support!
* Google Maps SSL Support Adds Enhanced Security
* Supports Unlimited Store Locations and Categories, with numerous field options available
* Optimized for Large Data Sets, Marker Clustering Support
* Search by Closest Proximity within chosen Radius - Automatic Distance Calculations
* Search by Name or Custom Fields
* Customize the Marker Icons - Over 90+ Icons Included or Upload Your Own!
* Batch Geocoding of Store Locations - Convert your addresses into Lat / Long
* Users can Search by anything Google maps understands (e.g.: Addresses, Zip Codes, Landmarks, etc.)
* CSV Locations Import / Export - Also supports Category Import
* Ability to Limit Number of Search Results
* Automatic Distance Calculations
* Provide Directions via Google Maps
* Multiple Map Types - Roads, Satellite, Hybrid, Terrain, Supports Mouse Wheel Zooming
* Support for Separate Instances with Different Locations on your Site
* Mootools Powered AJAX Searches
* Easy to Add, Edit, Delete Store Locations in Joomla Admin Area
* CSS and DIV based layouts, Customizable Display Options
* Google Maps API Premier Support
* Module Included: Search Module - Add a search form to any page
Pros: Custom fields, separate search module, multiple categories, toggle on/off loading of map, language files, and yes you can search for any location in the world on a single map.
Cons: (More of a feature suggestion list) no option for text-only results, no toggle between miles and kilometers on a single map.
However, we paid double the current price of the component and our subscription ran out right before the recent update (yesterday!) and reduction in price. Normally, developers we have worked with would be understanding and gladly provide the update to early adopters without question. In this case, no such understanding was found.
This may not seem like a big deal, but a developer's treatment of his customers in matters like this play a critical role for those of us who support the premium component marketplace.
"Due to a misunderstanding on our subscription length, I thought our subscription was supposed to be for 12 months, instead of the actual 6. However, with another email to support, the misunderstanding was cleared, and they sent us the latest version as a sign of good faith and understanding. Sysgen Media really does reflect what customer support should be in the Premium Component marketplace, and I can and do recommend them to anyone reading this review. I will definitely be purchasing updates in the future! ~ Don Gilbert"
Other than that, its brilliant.
Each purchase of the Store Locator includes a 6 month support subscription so we would be happy to help you with any issues you may have.
We have helped anyone who has contacted us to get their Store Locator working on their site. Can you please let us know what the minor programming issue was so that we may improve our future releases?
You can find our support forums at http://www.sysgenmedia.com/support/forum . We are very helpful with any issues that have come up. We want to ensure all of our customers have a Great experience with our products and encourage you to contact us for any issues you may have.
We feel we are providing a valuable extension by building upon the code that Google has. The administration system was constructed by us to allow users to more easily manage their Locations from Joomla! in conjunction with Google Maps.
We subscribe our users to our mailing list as a courtesy to provide you with updates to our extension and other services. It is easy to unsubscribe if you don't want our updates.
Sysgen Media LLC) He personally determined that my PHP ini had been set allow_url_fopen to false or off. This will disable PHP from accessing remote URLs such as google.
I set the following directive in my PHP ini file:
allow_url_fopen = On
This fixed the problem and
I highly recommend this product and Sysgen Media LLC
- Bob Clinton