This is a light-weight plugin using only about 20K of codes.
If you need to display driving or walking directions to your company, or from one place to another, this is the plugin.
If you only want to display a Google Map, use the googleMaps plugin:
If you want to allow users to find ways to your office or some designated place, use the googleDirections - To Here - plugin
* Uses the latest Google Maps API v3
* You can embed multiple Google Directions within an article
* Each Google Direction can be of different size, map control and map type
* Support for kml files
* You can specify the starting, ending and stopover points using real address or longitude/latitude points
* Built-in street view!
* Support for multiple waypoints or stopover points
* Support for many native languages e.g. Italian, Russian, French
* Available for all Joomla versions: Joomla 1.0.x, native 1.5.x, 1.6.x, 1.7.x and 2.5.x!
How to Use the googleDirections plugin
How to use: http://www.kksou.com/php-gtk2/Joomla-Gadgets/googleDirections-plugin.php#how_to_use
v1.0.12 (for Joomla 1.0), v1.5.12 (for Joomla 1.5), v1.6.12 (for Joomla 1.6), v1.7.12 (for Joomla 1.7), v2.5.12 (for Joomla 2.5)
Released Feb 4, 2012
* added support for Joomla 2.5
* add flag w3c=1 => w3c compliant
* support for IE7!
* allow googleMaps to display in tabs
* now allows address to include ' (apostrophe)
v2.5.11 (for Joomla 2.5)
Released Jan 26, 2012
Native version of the googleDirections plugin for Joomla 2.5!
v1.0.11 (for Joomla 1.0), v1.5.11 (for Joomla 1.5), v1.6.11 (for Joomla 1.6), v1.7.11 (for Joomla 1.7)
Released Jan 03, 2012
Thanks to feedback from Florian who found out that the reverse geocode lookup by Google sometimes do not gives the right mapping. Have modified the code so that the googleDirections plugin now maps the exact location when latitude/longitude are given for the starting, ending and stopover points.
v1.0.10 (for Joomla 1.0), v1.5.10 (for Joomla 1.5), v1.6.10 (for Joomla 1.6), v1.7.10 (for Joomla 1.7)
Released Dec 24, 2011
- Support for multiple stopovers!
- Support for vertical alignment
- Added 3 more tags: stopover, vertical and map_full_width
- Added unit: metric / imperial
v1.09 (for Joomla 1.0), v1.59 (for Joomla 1.5), v1.69 (for Joomla 1.6), v1.79 (for Joomla 1.7)
Released Nov 15, 2011
Now uses Google Maps API v3!
Key advantages in Google Maps API v3 includes:
I used all 3 plugins, including the Directions to Here and I had everything installed and running within 15 minutes! Easy to understand, GREAT instructions on website.. Thank you for some great programming!