Version 3.0 is the latest version.
This version will not automatically update in Joomla 2.5/3.0. Because the internal name of the plugin is changed so you need to do a special update:
1. Install the new version 3.0. This is a new plugin, it does not replace the version 2.x plugin!
2. Do not open the plugin configuration! First you need to enable the new system plugin called "System - Google Map" in the list of plugins by clicking the red dot in the status column. This is the only way to copy all your parameters from the old plugin to the new one!
3. After enabling the plugin in the correct way (point 2) you can check if the settings of the old plugin are copied correctly by opening the new plugin configuration settings.
4. After that you can disable the old system plugin called "Google Map"
This is a version that only support google maps api version 3! Version 2 is deprecated from November 2013 so we need to migrate.
Also added language support for all the parameters: English, French, Italian, Spanish and Swedish.
Please send me language files so I can add them to the plugin. Goto my website to contact me.
Look at the demo site first for documentation. If you've problems please do the checklist on the site: http://tech.reumer.net/Google-Maps/Documentation-of-plugin-Googlemap/checklist-placing-plugin-in-article.html
If this doesn't help or you have questions or new wishes please fill in the form on my website with an url that shows the problem and version of the plugin and Joomla.
(when editing article goto html view to remove returns or < br /> when you copy this example)
3.0 is a stable version and the following changes are made:
* Added Virtual refresh for new design Google Maps
* Added Arcgis layer
* Added lookat and camera parameters and made flying possible for Earth maptype
* Added avoid toll for directions
* Added option to place directions form below the map
* Added clustering for Geoxml renderer
* Added parameter to set highlite for kml sidebar
* Added parameter to get external content for infowindow with GeoXML renderer
* Responsive and stays centered on the defined location
* Multiple MSID
* Added panoramio layer
* Added parameter input size for forms
* Added Swedish as language
* Changed geocoding from version 2 to version 3.
Solves the following errors:
* Custom centering of kml files
* Added an image for the control return to previous position
* Styling problems for directions, streetview and map
* Dependency on loading of the scripts
* Polygons in kml file now have outline and fill with GeoXML renderer
* Solved problem with address with quotes
* Multiple editors on page caused problems with pl
Having the ability to specify a style would make it easy to get around this. Now I have to mangle the text that I insert to get it to show up correctly.
Thanks for a great plugin!
The lightbox text has a class: lightboxlink where you can add css to make the color different.
For the infowindow, see: http://tech.reumer.net/google-maps/documentation-of-plugin-googlemap/changing-style-of-map-buttons-or-infowindow.html
Then, I found this plugin. I had a map on my site (http://fh.opentechsols.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=5&Itemid=7) in less than 10 minutes: Thats from download plugin to view plugin on page.
Awesome! Very simple to use. Highly recommended. My personal thanks to the author of the plugin.
Using Joomla 1.5.8 (stable) with 2.12d
PS: The only suggestion I could offer is to put up a quick note about why there are 2.12a, 2.12b, 2.12c, and 2.12d. The question I had: Which one should I download.
Thanks again for the wonderful work.
Simply Amazing! 6 out of 5 stars! :)
I love the Googlemaps-plugin from the very beginning.
Having newly converted my website to joomla, I was looking for an easy way to integrate google maps into my site. After reading the many
reviews about this plugin, I decided to give it a go. Well after two weeks I must say I have been extremely pleased.
It's very easy to setup and configure, and even more importantly, Mike has been outstanding in his reaction time for the few of questions I had for him. Thanks for the seamless implementation
Ahh like joo_lover mentioned, a integration with SOBI2, the business-directory-tool, would be very nice. I also would appreciate it very much!
thx for this outstanding work
This is outstanding hot feature: I emailed Mike 3 or 4 times, each one of them he wrote back very promptly. Mike even goes as far as explaining how to change up the coding in Joomla, to modify this plugin into a module or component. In addition to this, he has written many "documents" on his website, all to help you get the most
out of this as you can. If this looks like something that might help bring your page to the next level, you would be stupid not to get it. I think this plugin is the ultimate solution for displaying a map on a webpage. And support is very fast.
The only thing i am now looking for is the integration with SOBI2
see http://www.sigsiu.net so that we can run SOBI2 with it.
Only thing you gotta do is to provide it with valid xml-kml, include on the page, and enjoy.
Excellent work Mike.
I had a problem with the Template that i use. I contacted him via mail with all the necessary information. Hours later, I had a reply in my inbox with infos that solved my problem.
Dear Joomla-user: I am simply amazed and happey.
keep the good work - this is a great contribution for Joomla
I had a few questions, and Mike answered very clearly and promptly. I highly recommend, and have made a donation to support his efforts!
I also found the component very comphrensive.
You can the Mike Reumer is passionate about creating many usefuls things with the google maps api and exposes them in a easy to use "no brainer" format to us.
Well Done Mike.
Thanks for a great component.