Version 3.0 is the latest version.
This version will not automatically update in Joomla 2.5/3.0. Because the internal name of the plugin is changed so you need to do a special update:
1. Install the new version 3.0. This is a new plugin, it does not replace the version 2.x plugin!
2. Do not open the plugin configuration! First you need to enable the new system plugin called "System - Google Map" in the list of plugins by clicking the red dot in the status column. This is the only way to copy all your parameters from the old plugin to the new one!
3. After enabling the plugin in the correct way (point 2) you can check if the settings of the old plugin are copied correctly by opening the new plugin configuration settings.
4. After that you can disable the old system plugin called "Google Map"
This is a version that only support google maps api version 3! Version 2 is deprecated from November 2013 so we need to migrate.
Also added language support for all the parameters: English, French, Italian, Spanish and Swedish.
Please send me language files so I can add them to the plugin. Goto my website to contact me.
Look at the demo site first for documentation. If you've problems please do the checklist on the site: http://tech.reumer.net/Google-Maps/Documentation-of-plugin-Googlemap/checklist-placing-plugin-in-article.html
If this doesn't help or you have questions or new wishes please fill in the form on my website with an url that shows the problem and version of the plugin and Joomla.
(when editing article goto html view to remove returns or < br /> when you copy this example)
3.0 is a stable version and the following changes are made:
* Added Virtual refresh for new design Google Maps
* Added Arcgis layer
* Added lookat and camera parameters and made flying possible for Earth maptype
* Added avoid toll for directions
* Added option to place directions form below the map
* Added clustering for Geoxml renderer
* Added parameter to set highlite for kml sidebar
* Added parameter to get external content for infowindow with GeoXML renderer
* Responsive and stays centered on the defined location
* Multiple MSID
* Added panoramio layer
* Added parameter input size for forms
* Added Swedish as language
* Changed geocoding from version 2 to version 3.
Solves the following errors:
* Custom centering of kml files
* Added an image for the control return to previous position
* Styling problems for directions, streetview and map
* Dependency on loading of the scripts
* Polygons in kml file now have outline and fill with GeoXML renderer
* Solved problem with address with quotes
* Multiple editors on page caused problems with pl
Mike is prompt to respond to queries.
All in all an excellent product, and one which I would heartily recommend to every developer!
Just for everyone's info, he said he made a change in version 2.11a so the zoomlevel is following Google's setting convention instead. You have to do 19-old zoomlevel = new zoomlevel.
Overall, a great plugin!
Author is even contemplating some ammendments which would be nice in the next release
When in my site I didn't see things correctly, Mike pointed me to a problem with my template in less than an hour.
I really recommend this plugin for the great job of his author and his great support.
I'd recommend this plugin to anyone who needs to display googlemaps. The developer is happy to respond to requests, and seems to be constantly updating and improving the plugin. Top work Mike, and thanks for all your hard work!
All I had to do was to modify the xml file to the new J!1.5 format structure and repackage the plugin and, voila, it installed without problems. I don't know why the author(s) don't create a J! 1.5 version of this plugin since it's so simple...