Version 3.0 is the latest version.
This version will not automatically update in Joomla 2.5/3.0. Because the internal name of the plugin is changed so you need to do a special update:
1. Install the new version 3.0. This is a new plugin, it does not replace the version 2.x plugin!
2. Do not open the plugin configuration! First you need to enable the new system plugin called "System - Google Map" in the list of plugins by clicking the red dot in the status column. This is the only way to copy all your parameters from the old plugin to the new one!
3. After enabling the plugin in the correct way (point 2) you can check if the settings of the old plugin are copied correctly by opening the new plugin configuration settings.
4. After that you can disable the old system plugin called "Google Map"
This is a version that only support google maps api version 3! Version 2 is deprecated from November 2013 so we need to migrate.
Also added language support for all the parameters: English, French, Italian, Spanish and Swedish.
Please send me language files so I can add them to the plugin. Goto my website to contact me.
Look at the demo site first for documentation. If you've problems please do the checklist on the site: http://tech.reumer.net/Google-Maps/Documentation-of-plugin-Googlemap/checklist-placing-plugin-in-article.html
If this doesn't help or you have questions or new wishes please fill in the form on my website with an url that shows the problem and version of the plugin and Joomla.
(when editing article goto html view to remove returns or < br /> when you copy this example)
3.0 is a stable version and the following changes are made:
* Added Virtual refresh for new design Google Maps
* Added Arcgis layer
* Added lookat and camera parameters and made flying possible for Earth maptype
* Added avoid toll for directions
* Added option to place directions form below the map
* Added clustering for Geoxml renderer
* Added parameter to set highlite for kml sidebar
* Added parameter to get external content for infowindow with GeoXML renderer
* Responsive and stays centered on the defined location
* Multiple MSID
* Added panoramio layer
* Added parameter input size for forms
* Added Swedish as language
* Changed geocoding from version 2 to version 3.
Solves the following errors:
* Custom centering of kml files
* Added an image for the control return to previous position
* Styling problems for directions, streetview and map
* Dependency on loading of the scripts
* Polygons in kml file now have outline and fill with GeoXML renderer
* Solved problem with address with quotes
* Multiple editors on page caused problems with pl
The support is ultra prompt and right to the point.
Taking under consideration the is Totally FREE i am wondering why one earth it is not yet installed in your Joomla installation.
More than that, i was interested in some of the fuctionalities that arent yet offered in current version, so the developer was very quick to provide me the new version which wasnt released yet and it worked like a charm.
Better even is the developer. I had a problem and Mike had all the interest to solve it. It was my error , but his will was extraordinary. His incredible help for non- commercial plugin. Tanks Mike.
thank you very much for this plugin. It works perfectly except that :
- I would like to change the text in the "Goto" button (to use the french word for "search" instead of "Goto") and I don't know how to do this.
- When an address is found, it is indicated on the map with a bubble for a few seconds but not with an icon. It looks like icons are available only with itineraries and not with addresses.
Thanks a lot for helping ... if my english is understandable ...
Please send me an email by entering the contact form on my website then I can help you and can send you a new version for the goto button.
The goto address only shows a infowindow and not a marker. I can have a look if we can support it.
Multiple balloon or markers on the map are not possible with this plugin (yet), but can be easily solved by using a KML file with great features. See my website for examples.
Mike send me almost the same time the link to the documentation-page.
So, this is the moment to tell the Joomla-world, this plugin and the support is very good!