A SECURITY RELEASE 3.1 of plugin Google Maps is released and this must be applied to your Joomla installation.
Also a (security) release 2.20 for all websites that still use Google Maps API version 2 and Google's geocoding version 2.
Because Google Maps API version 2 is deprecated from November, please upgrade to the latest version 3.1, version 2.x of the plugin is deprecated too!
The proxy solution (plugin_googlemap3_proxy.php) for kml files had the following vulnerabilities: Denial of Service, XML Injection, Cross-Site Scripting and Full path disclosure vulnerabilities.
In this version the proxy solution is not possible anymore. I am working on a new secure solution.
This version will automatically update in 2.5 and 3.x.
If you want to upgrade from version 2.x then:
1. Install the new version 3.1. This is a new plugin, it does not replace the version 2.x plugin!
2. Do not open the plugin configuration! First you need to enable the new system plugin called "System - Google Map" in the list of plugins by clicking the red dot in the status column. This is the only way to copy all your parameters from the old plugin to the new one!
3. After enabling the plugin in the correct way (point 2) you can check if the settings of the old plugin are copied correctly by opening the new plugin configuration settings.
4. After that you can disable the old system plugin called "Google Map"
This is a version that only support google maps api version 3! Version 2 is deprecated from November 2013 so we need to migrate.
Also added language support for all the parameters: English, French, Italian, Spanish and Swedish.
Please send me language files so I can add them to the plugin. Goto my website to contact me.
Look at the demo site first for documentation. If you've problems please do the checklist on the site: http://tech.reumer.net/Google-Maps/Documentation-of-plugin-Googlemap/checklist-placing-plugin-in-article.html
If this doesn't help or you have questions or new wishes please fill in the form on my website with an url that shows the problem and version of the plugin and Joomla.
(when editing article goto html view to remove returns or < br /> when you copy this example)
I will DEFINITELY be utilizing this plug in on my other websites as it was completely seamless to integrate, worked perfectly and had all the functionality stated.
Support was amazing and Mike is a pleasure to deal with. If you want a Google Map Plug-in then this is the one!
The support is ultra prompt and right to the point.
Taking under consideration the is Totally FREE i am wondering why one earth it is not yet installed in your Joomla installation.
More than that, i was interested in some of the fuctionalities that arent yet offered in current version, so the developer was very quick to provide me the new version which wasnt released yet and it worked like a charm.
Better even is the developer. I had a problem and Mike had all the interest to solve it. It was my error , but his will was extraordinary. His incredible help for non- commercial plugin. Tanks Mike.
thank you very much for this plugin. It works perfectly except that :
- I would like to change the text in the "Goto" button (to use the french word for "search" instead of "Goto") and I don't know how to do this.
- When an address is found, it is indicated on the map with a bubble for a few seconds but not with an icon. It looks like icons are available only with itineraries and not with addresses.
Thanks a lot for helping ... if my english is understandable ...
Please send me an email by entering the contact form on my website then I can help you and can send you a new version for the goto button.
The goto address only shows a infowindow and not a marker. I can have a look if we can support it.