* create and display any numbers of maps, placemarks
* multilingual interface
* configurate many settings (Zoom, Map Type, Map Type Control,
Pan, Double Click Zoom, Scroll Wheel Zoom, Zoom Control, Scale Control, OverviewMap, Traffic Layer, Bicycle Layer, Transit Layer)
* create any routes (use Directions API) and paths (use polylines)
* set you custom image on placemark
* you can specify KML Layer for map (field on map tag), just write URL for KML or GeoRSS
* markers can include site reference and image, and HTML code
* you can use marker clusterer (markers grouping when map zoom out)
* you can group placemarks and show|hide all group with addition control, create many clusters with its own icon
* you can use MarkerManager functionality to show|hide markers depend on zoom
* you can use Google Earth feature
* you can use OpenStreetMap layer
* you can use Places API
* you can use Panoramio API
* you can use Elevation API
* you can use contact and user information in placemarks
* you can use Google Infographics (Dynamic Icons) as icons for placemark
* you can use New Zeland Topomaps layer
* you can use plugin to call from K2 items
* you can add custom map types and use it
* you can use Projection in custom map types
* you can use Styles for map
* you can use InfoBubble as InfoWin
* you can enable for registered users enter placemark from front end
* you can set Google Maps API Key for monitoring or billing over quotas limit
* you can use Street View
* you can use Weather and Cloud Layers
* you can use AdSence
* you can create polygons (areas)
* you can manage KML Layers (show/hide it by its list menu)
* you can set rate for your placemarks
* you can set labels for placemarks, with its styles
Developed for Joomla 2.5, 3.x
Use Zh GoogleMap Plugin to display map in article
Use Zh GoogleMap Module to use as module
You should keep in mind - the extension archive is more than 2M: The File Size Upload Limit (upload_max_filesize) on your Web Server might be set to low to allow larger files to be uploaded. By default PHP allows files up to 2 MB.
I started working with Mambo, (earlier version), many years ago. Later I continue using Joomla! Drupal and Wordpress, but, this one with more frecuency, for the easiest use, integration, etc.
Now I'll be back on Joomla, thanks to the work of people like this, that is dedicated to developing extensions really easy to use, install, and free for community.
(My spanish compliment).
Thank you very much.
I'll try to keep developing on this level :)
Thank you very much.
I'm thinking of commercializing my projects, because donations are not cover just my hosting, but I don't decide to do that yet :)
I'm getting experience of web-developing, and while I have enough time to do it free - I'll do that this way.
I have only scratched the surface with this feature rich component, but found even the basics very intuitive and useful. I look forward to using this again and again in future projects, however complex the requirements.
Thank you very much.
Quite possibly the largest feature set available and is constantly updated. Best of all, it is free!
Look no further, you have found the best mapping system for Joomla!!
I searched all over the web a componete with these characteristics. Finally I find it.
Many parameters to create maps
Supports multiple KML
Easy to install and use.
Help and support forum.
Congratulations. and can be improved!
I'm very appreciate for all, who contact to me, ask questions and etc. I hope my extensions is completely cover your tasks.
I haven't enough time to include more features (I'm busy at work, it is summer, I have to pay attention to my family)...
And I have more than 10 task to do:
- route to placemarks
- buttons for on/off panoramio, traffic layer
- include street view into infobubble
- add JQuery to get config for placemark from server dynamically
- add configuration for street view for each placemark
- add support street view panoramas
- add support management KML layers by menu
- and a lot of others
I have the plan, and try to do improvement when I can.
My friend, this just *ought* to be a paid component. I'm making a donation now and plan for more. Thanks much!
So many features and options, very well thought out.
Also, the support in the forums for minor things I've come across was excellent! Very fast and lots of information to help.
Anyone that uses this I really encourage to donate to keep great developers like this going!
From my point of view, Dmitry is for Joomla maps what Nicholas from Akeeba is to Backup extensions
Thank you very much.
In next week I'll publish Zh GoogleMap Module, it is module. And you finally could include in contact page a map :D
The extension is overall great, easy to set up and use. But the "find option" does not work for me. I am building a website on which I will make a map and place markers on it, and I want users to easily find those markers using the FIND option.
I made few test markers and tried the FIND option. I enter the name of the marker but it takes me on the different continent. I tried on different markers, but it does not work. Can You please help me resolve this issue, because the component is really great!
Thank You very much.
As you can read in documentation and fields labels, 'Find' option is find any place by geocoding. It is not find through (in) your placemarks. Today there is no option find placemark, you can only find address and center map into it.
But you can use placemarks list to show users your placemarks and position on it.
Additionaly, you can enable places library and autocomplete field, and when you type into Find field, the field will show addresses, which 'like' you enter. In this case you select more clear address for geocoding.
And I get only first result in geocoding.
I think I'll do in one time 2 features: search in placemarks, and list of results when you use Find option
PS in any case ask me in my forum ;) about capabilities, check Tutorials in documentation
Are you joking :) ?!
There are a lot of 1.5 extensions, and I've developed and mark my extensions that it started for 1.6. And you want to downgrade my development to 1.5, when 2.5 is active and 1.5 is will be in history in one time.
My only issue with the documentation was in figuring out the .klm files - I had to do a bit of outside research for that. I never could get the polyline feature in the paths to work, could be me.
I do find that the map is glitchy on the front end. I have it set with a default zoom level and the latitude and longitude, so I think that it should come in the same place every time that the page is refreshed. Instead it zooms in on random areas at different zoom levels, even with a page refresh. What is up with that? Could be very confusing for the end user.
Hi, I've replied you in site, and welcome in new forum :)
It can be when you set 'Open InfoWin' to each placemark. Then, when each placemark is created, the map try to do action, which you defined (change zoom, set center or other). You should set this field to 'No' value, and this action don't executed when map is loaded or refreshed :)
If you are not clear understand, please contact with me