* create and display any numbers of maps, placemarks
* multilingual interface
* configurate many settings (Zoom, Map Type, Map Type Control,
Pan, Double Click Zoom, Scroll Wheel Zoom, Zoom Control, Scale Control, OverviewMap, Traffic Layer, Bicycle Layer, Transit Layer)
* create any routes (use Directions API) and paths (use polylines)
* set you custom image on placemark
* you can specify KML Layer for map (field on map tag), just write URL for KML or GeoRSS
* markers can include site reference and image, and HTML code
* you can use marker clusterer (markers grouping when map zoom out)
* you can group placemarks and show|hide all group with addition control, create many clusters with its own icon
* you can use MarkerManager functionality to show|hide markers depend on zoom
* you can use Google Earth feature
* you can use OpenStreetMap layer
* you can use Places API
* you can use Panoramio API
* you can use Elevation API
* you can use contact and user information in placemarks
* you can use Google Infographics (Dynamic Icons) as icons for placemark
* you can use New Zeland Topomaps layer
* you can use plugin to call from K2 items
* you can add custom map types and use it
* you can use Projection in custom map types
* you can use Styles for map
* you can use InfoBubble as InfoWin
* you can enable for registered users enter placemark from front end
* you can set Google Maps API Key for monitoring or billing over quotas limit
* you can use Street View
* you can use Weather and Cloud Layers
* you can use AdSence
* you can create polygons (areas)
* you can manage KML Layers (show/hide it by its list menu)
* you can set rate for your placemarks
* you can set labels for placemarks, with its styles
Developed for Joomla 2.5, 3.0
Use Zh GoogleMap Plugin to display map in article
Use Zh GoogleMap Module to use as module
You should keep in mind - the extension archive is more than 2M: The File Size Upload Limit (upload_max_filesize) on your Web Server might be set to low to allow larger files to be uploaded. By default PHP allows files up to 2 MB.
If you have some problems, ask your question on the forum and you will have an answer in few hours.
Excellent module and excellent support !
Thanks, but I think the new demo-site is more informative
From what I can tell, ZH GoogleMap lets you leverage just about every API option that Google Maps offers, including KLM and Place files. You can add unlimited locations, including text descriptions, links, and customizable icons and icon behaviors. Moreover, you can organization locations by category and collect them under icon groups, which greatly simplifies both the administration and front-end access to extensive location lists.
Component documentation is pretty spare---the developer doesn't really explain what options are or why you would/wouldn't want to use them. Still, the Google API itself is well documented, and a few searches can tell you everything you want to know.
In all, I can't rate this extension highly enough. It's a truly stunning development effort, both richly functional and intelligently designed. Over the past four years, I've tested and used literally hundreds of Joomla components. I've seen the good, the infuriating, and the ugly---and now I've been honestly delighted by ZH GoogleMap.
I will be donating to your continued success.
Thank you very much :)
It has very good functionality, uses the latest v3 API and (unlike another map extension) displays the correct location.
A great extension highly recommended. Thanks Dmitry.
- No Ads,
- Easy to set up,
- Works on Joomla 1.6
Would love it more if it included road work or closures, but otherwise a very nice app. Thanks for your work on this!
Thanks, can you explain about what you wish "included road work or closures". Can you pick me to example, may by I'm not all know about Google API
It's fast installed and it's so easy to handle it. There are many options to set up for every personal belongs.
Many thanks to the developer this is great work!
If you have any wishes, hopes and something else with this component, please write me. I will try to do it :)