Just go to Extensions » Maps » New, click on Coordinates button, then click on the place in the map you want to display and save it. Finally create menu link to this map.
If you need to set a marker or more markers, just go to Extensions » Markers » New, select map, click on Coordinates button, then click on the place in the map you want the marker will be set. Add description (you can include images too) and save it. Marker will be displayed in the map.
Use Phoca Maps Plugin for displaying map or more maps in the article.
You are able to select or set your own marker icons.
There are two different versions of Phoca Maps:
- Phoca Maps 1.0.5 - this version uses Google Maps API 2. If you need functions like GoobleBar, Continuous Zoom, Overview Map Control, then download this version.
- Phoca Maps 1.1.0 (2.x for Joomla! 1.6 or 1.7) or any later version - this version uses Google Maps API 3. You need not to create Google Maps API key for your site but some functions are not included (API 3 is still in Google Code Labs - not ready yet). This version is under active development and includes more new features.
Demo (Joomla! 1.7 - custom markers)
Demo - KML features:
But if you need to add a large amount of markers and have safety concerns regarding the zoom range of your map, forget about it.
Three months ago I left a message in their forum asking if it would be possible to limit the zoom range on my map and also if I could deactivate the streetview option. I never received any valid answer. Not even a word from their developers. Too bad.
Hi, please try to paste your question in the forum again, I am the only one developer, I have answered over 20.000 posts in the forum (I think, there is no other developer in the Joomla! world than me who answered more questions), maybe I have overlook it (after my regular work, at night, I am usually answering over 120 posts, so it is possible to overlook some of them :-( )
Thank you, Jan
Return to Control Panel
I re-installed it three times just incase and came across the same issue. I am only giving it a 3 star as most thing of Phoca's I have used have been perfect.Not for 1.6 - Sorry.
Hi, if you get 500 on your server, just enable php error reporting to see which error you get on your server, see:
1) Allways use the latest version, 1.1.0 is not latest version (1.1.1 is the latest)
2) I see no problem with markers and IE in 1.1.0, the same for 1.1.1:
3) I see no reporting about such problem in Phoca Forum?
Please if you have some problem which can be caused e.g. by your another extension on your site, etc., please try to describe it in Phoca Forum, so then it can be solved.
Thank you, Jan
I didn't click the "Install" button after uploading the component into my site then there's error after select Components - Phoca Maps - Maps.
But if click "Install" right after uploading the .zip package, everything's ok.
I think a "Error if not click one of the buttons" is ok.
Superb detailed document makes it easy to put everything in places.
Simple but very, very good looking map after integrating into articles.
- Installing the module
- Creating a map
- Creating marks on the map
- And creating a menu link
- Customization of the content shown in each mark window (the bubble that is shown when you click on a mark)
- image of the markes: it has 11 types (arrows, stars, etc) but cannot be customized
Add multiple locations to a map
Simple to use
Allows you to have as many maps as you want.
Multiple locations on each.
Adding new locations is a breeze.
Fantastic that you can select various icons and add descriptions for each.
All it needs is the ability to link to articles and it covers everything you could possibly need.
Outstanding job !!!
Nice on Jan