- This extension requires registration to download.
Hotspots is a highly configurable Google Maps marker manager released for Joomla developed by compojoom. HotSpots supports multiple categories with different icons for your locations (markers). How do you know if HotSpots is good for you. Visit our demo and see the flexibility how to show multiple locations for your office, or many locations for your directory for your city site. See how you can bring your site to the next level.
Who can use Hotspots. Everyone → Endless possibilities:
- Offices with multiple locations on contact page - Show where you are located and give the power to the users to find you.
- City directory site - Gives the ability to show all your government locations, parks, and more
- Hotel sites - Share many restraints, theaters, stores and so much more that is around you giving your clients more information before they check in.
- And more...
- able to handle 100k or 1M locations thanks to custom tiles + server side boundary method (check our demo we have 90k locations!)
- styled maps support
- weather, traffic, transit, bicycle, panoramio layers
- KML support
- Custom fields (currently text & select)
- Supports JomSocial and Community Builder
- You can show the Jomsocial & community Builder users on a map
- K2 integration - ability to show items on the map + show a map under the k2 item
- Matukio integration - ability to show your events on a map
- Individual categories with custom marker icons on the map
- Each marker has an individual description, this can be added with or without a picture (each marker can have custom icon & link to com_content, k2, sobiPro)
- Frontend marker adding (as option) with a drag & drop marker & geolocation support!
- Detail page for every single marker
- Give your users the ability to create route planing
- Printing and mailing of current map
- RSS feed Sobi2 Data Import
- Ajax based, no reloading of the map needed
- 500 sample marker icons included to give you the ability to create any marker
Global Edge Marketing
And thanks and respect to the developer Daniel for the friendly and fast support. Thats makes the component perfect! :-)
Good work Daniel
Very strong back-end with lots of options for choosing the right position and setup. Easy to install and to customize as well! If anything goes wrong - the creator is 24/7 and always ready with explanations :) looking forward to see his future ideas about this component!
Awesome component and I recommend to everyone! Remember, its beta and its still on its way to become perfect!
However, I took the plunge and bought it.
It was dead easy to install, straight from the box.
I used the same Google Maps Key that I have for other map functions, and voila, it worked.
For me, this component is a great addition to the many other features of my site, and Users can easily add their own spots for everyone else to see.
Being a non-programmer however, I can sometimes do stupid things... and in my case it was making this available to Registered Users, to stop idiots adding weird things.
The response time from Compojoom was inside 5 minutes! Amazing, as always from the Compojoom team, THANKS!
PS, easy to customize too!
Developer also give great concert and support toward their customer. Overall great component and support. Recommended.
It's quite a unique component that I'm sure will be of use to anyone needing to place markers on a map. It will be ideal if, like myself, you need to plot a 'course' or mark a number of locations. I'm in a sailing club and we want to create 'rece courses' and also mark our moorings, HotSpots will be great for that.... when the bugs are squashed.
Daniel (the Admin) has been very helpful and quick with his replies, I'm happy with the small donation for support and look forward to seeing this component grow.