- This extension requires registration to download.
In addition, JMaps has built-in mapping capabilities. By itself, without any plugins or accompanying software, the JMaps module can map: Custom XML files, KMZ and KML files or feeds, and RSS Feeds. This is absolutely the easiest way to add Google Mapping to your Joomla site.
Mapping can be done either by street address or by Longitude and Latitude and can detect the user's location to make adding entries in SobiPro simple.
More information about JMaps:
* JMaps uses Google Mapping API 3.0
* JMaps is a Joomla module, so can appear on any Joomla page
* JMaps can optionally "float" down the page to keep the map in view at all times
* Create and use custom map markers using your own images! Custom markers are assigned by SobiPro category in each instance of JMaps or even for individual entries.
* JMaps can display a map of the entries in SobiPro of all Categories, a selected Category, or multiple Categories that you specify.
* When multiple categories are shown on a map, you can pick custom colors to represent each one or custom markers or a combination of both custom and regular colored markers. You can also pick the default colors for markers on the map or use a default custom image for entries whose category does not have a unique color or custom marker.
* Set the option to allow the user to zoom in and out on the map using a wheel mouse.
* Choose to open the "View Profile" link to the Entry Details page in a shadowbox, or in a new page. The shadowbox option keeps the user on the page with the map, and promotes viewing more entries! You can display the entire template in the popup, or the detail template only. On this site, we are demonstrating the option to show only the SobiPro details template.
* Custom configuration for the Map Bubble showing SobiPro field selection options. Put any published fields in the bubble as needed!
* Additional Options for the map bubbles include Google Streetview, Directions to Entry, Directions from Entry.
* Featured Entry Processing - Specify a unique color and optional Star Marker for "Featured Entries" or use a custom marker.
JMaps is also available for Joomla 1.5 with support for SOBI2.
I've started working with joomla just few months ago, but this product turn out to be really easy to set up. And if you have questions or problems the customer service offered through the site forum is really helpful and incredibly fast.Little price for such a great extension!