- This extension inserts a backlink to the developer.
jNews comes with the newest powerful features:
• Send mailings to one or several lists
• Enhanced jNews Module with Ajax effects and with cool display effects (Mootools Slide, Mootools Modal)
• Includes 5 default newsletter templates to make your newsletter look sharp and professional
• Newsletter templates management
• Emails queue management and resend to overcome hosting limitation
• Automatic subscription of users to one or more list upon registration
• Enhanced Statistics to see how many who receives and reads your mails
• Track subscriber's IP
• Easily import your users from other Joomla newsletter system through CSV
• Automatically synchronize with your Joomla users
• Insert and Sort contents (articles from Joomla) according to date, section, or category
• Unlimited lists
• Unlimited subscribers
• Unlimited newsletters
• Social Tags (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn)
jNews also integrate with many popular Joomla extensions:
• JomSocial to automatically add newly registered JomSocial users to jNews subscribers
• FlexiContent to add articles in your newsletter
• Community Builder, list of newsletter on registration form
• VirtueMart automatic subscription to list at registration
• Includes K2 content into your newsletter
• jMarket to insert Joobi Tags (Latest Products, Top Vendors and many more... )
• jCalPro enable to insert events
• And many more tags, like including product of VirtueMart in your newsletter.
It also includes classical newsletter functionality:
• Handle registered or unregistered subscribers
• Attachment capability
• Email address validation and confirmation when registering (Double Opt-in)
• Sending test email to admin before whole list
• Embedded images option
• Ability to Ban emails
• Automated unsubscribing link
• Preview newsletter before sending either on the screen or send a test email
• HTML or TEXT-only mailings
• Statistics management (Number of Sent / Opened newsletters, HTML or text only)
FREE SUPPORT through livechat, ticket system and forum during weekdays.
jNews does exactly what a newsletter should do. It manages the subscriptions and help me send my messages very easily. Sending an article from my website to 1000 adresses takes less than 30 minutes. Saves a lot of time!
Yes, of course jNews has some problems (as all fast developping software...): on my sites, the licence sometimes doesn't work anymore. The Joobi support fixes it in a few minutes. Same for upgrade issues (plugins didn't upgrade, etc.), support is always very kind and helpful.
Anyway: a happy customer who recommends this component!
jNews Core (non-commerical) is ideal for providing essential functionality, whilst providing a good preview of our recommendation to upgrade to jNews Plus (for advanced templating features).
And best of all is that it simply upgrades "in-place" without having to uninstall-then-reinstall.
On the rare occasions we have issues/questions, their online support answers promptly and accurately... usually having the solution immediately ready.
The only negative comment that I have is a common one here... no notifications when updates are available.
Easily solved by a regular weekly check of the Joobi website.
I have never seen a better support for a joomla component before!
They fixed my problem directly and very professional. I nearly was ashamed about the patience and the time it took.
If you are searching for a professional newsletter component for Joomla - take it! I do not use any other tool any more. The money is little for what you get. And the support is the best!
Thanks again especially to Cherryl - *****
Recently I changed the component: JNews. In addition, the server on which you loaded the site does not allow the use of crontab task. So use the service offered by JOOBI.
To configure the service and use of this component, I used the JOOBI’s online support.
Online support was very helpful because in a few minutes with a step-by-step procedure, I managed to set up the service and send a newsletter.
I have to thank the support service because the person who assisted me in this operation has been very patient.
When I first installed the component i was having a hard time importing an existing list of subscribers. I contacted live support and they worked with me for over an hour on the issue! (Which was a directory permissions issue on my end). The fact that they even have live support is amazing. I highly recommend this component.
Had some tiny problems bit the great live support helped me out every time i needed them inspite off the time difference between us. Way to go guys
Hans | www.BedandbreakfastONLY.nl
Previously, I've use AcaJoom, another similar product by Joobi. The good experience I had with that led me to jNews which seemed a slightly better fit for what we had in mind.
Without doubt, jNews is a great choice for sending newsletters and managing autoresponders, both from within your website.
Install is easy, configuration options are many and varied, plus there is lots of support help on the supplier website.
During the installation, I met a technical problem with a message asking me to contact the technical support. Joobi proposes a live tchat support 24h/24h. Cherryl took care of my problem. It was a problem with the configuration of my server but Cherryl found a solution. A few hours were necessary for the resolution of the problem.
Now all works perfectly, this component is very well made, practical, simple to understand.
I want to thank Cherryl who made of the great job ! This component is great and in case of problem the technical support is it also. Excuse my poor english.
I have been using this extention for a while now and have tested different other newsletter extensions. But this one was absolutely the best choice I have been tested.
This newsletter extension is great and well adapt into the webpage on both administrator and user pages. Lot of posibilites.
We had some problems with the extension, but in fact it was not a problem because the support respond to my support ticket quickly and got the problem solved very quickly. And that I like with support: Quick, positive and looking for solutions without starting any discussion. I feel it was worth the investment of this extension.
Continue this Great Work!
Bernard ONDRY Toulouse (France)
I'm trying to build my band's website with Joomla, and chose JNews as our newsletter component after trying a few alternatives. I had difficulty installing the free version, proabably due to the file permission on my server, so I decided to check out the support pages. Although it was Christmas, I was able to contact a real person through "live chat" in a matter of seconds! He was very helpful and e-mailed me the solution in just a few minutes. I beleive this kind of fantastic support alone, makes jNews "the" newsletter component for Joomla.
The product is very easy to use and works out-of-the-box, but it gives great piece of mind to know that someone will actually help me, in case something goes wrong just before that "big gig"s newsletter is sent out :) Keep up the great work guys, thank you!
I choose JNews because it, in my opinion, is the best newsletter extension available today for Joomla!. The component itself worked flawlessly for me, but I had a problem with the Community Builder Integration and reported it to Diego.
Instead of dismissing this as admin error, he got personally involved in the matter and remained in contact with me until it was resolved.
What make this especially notable is that I was only using the FREE version of JNews. This is the kind of support all extension developers should provide.
When my needs expand to include the features of a paid version of JNews I will not hesitate to purchase.