CSV Export lets you expose your database tables to the outside using CSV, from the frontend of the site.
Major advantages provided are:
- you can choose which tables you want to expose from the admin interface: just pick the ones you need
- you can add a password to protect your data, so only you can access it
- you can select all fields (*), or just some fields to limit the columns in the output
- you can set LIMIT and OFFSET parameters to the query URL to limit the size of the data: useful for big tables
The results are sent in a file formatted in the CSV format to the requester, with the column names on top.
Examples of what can it be used for:
- Integration with other sites
- Integrations with ecommerce tools: extract your orders!
- Create email lists
- Backup and export data
- Sync with other software or websites
- Basically any custom integration you might think of.
I had some issues up front (mine not products) and contacted developer. He was very responsive and helped tremendously. This product is easy to use and does what it supposed to.