- This extension requires registration to download.
- Joomla 1.6 is not an upgrade to Joomla 1.5 - it is a MIGRATION. Please check the information on docs.joomla.org prior to starting the process.
of Joomla 2.5, decompress it and install it. After that, it should
migrate all of the data from old Joomla 1.5 to the new Joomla 2.5
The steps to test it
1) Install the component in your Joomla 1.5 site.
2) Run the upgrade
* PHP 5.x
* Curl module of PHP enabled
* Joomla 1.5
* Enable System - Mootools Upgrade plugin that is included in Joomla 1.5.19 and greater.
A new tracker is created for jUpgrade and Joomla 2.5 migrations bugs. You can access (and use it) here:
If you have problems with migrations please go to Settings and set "Debug" = ON.
The way to test it:
1) remove ROOT/tmp/joomla25.zip and ROOT/tmp/size.tmp
2) remove ROOT/jupgrade directory
3) delete all j17_ tables (except j16_jupgrade_categories and j16_jupgrade_menus)
4) REMOVE OLD jUpgrade installation and install the version 2.5
5) Set "Skip download" to 'No'
6) F5 to reload the browser
7) Run upgrade
It should be instantly available for download, not be forced to go to some outsiders site, and then be forced to register to download it.
I accept that for non-core items, but not for jupgrade.
After a long delay at receiving my validation code to log in to the site, I was able to download jupgrade. It did perform the upgrade to 1.7 very well for me, so no problems on that part.
They want your name and address to download.
I entered the info and then you have to wait for an email to complete registration. The regisration email did not arrive and I waited a while. So it's really awful service and you can't download it.
An okay system lacks flexibility
Anyways, thanks a lot, you saved me a lot of painful hours of work!
Works every time I use it (with Firefox) and there has never been any issues with the upgrades at all.
I set-up a second copy of the site (using akeeba) and upgrade that second site. I then have a fresh install of 1.7 and then import the data from the upgraded site to the new 1.7 install. Very easy to do.
Thanks for this component.
Thanks in advance
Thank you very much for this FREE component.