- This extension requires registration to download.
SP Upgrade supports transferring between the various Joomla! versions as below:
1.5 -> 2.5
1.5 -> 3.x
1.6 -> 2.5
1.6 -> 3.x
1.7 -> 2.5
1.7 -> 3.x
2.5 -> 3.x
3.x -> 3.x
The simple process
- Install a new version of Joomla (2.5 or 3), anywhere,
(your live server, or a remote server, or even on your PC)
- Install SP Upgrade,
- Connect to the source 1.5 database,
- Click the transfer button,
- Enjoy your new site.
Migrate everything with with no exceptions.
- Articles (along with their Sections and Categories)
- Web Links
- News Feeds
- Menus ability to transfer all menu items, and not - only of the core components
- Modules ability to transfer all modules, and not only the core
- All other extensions data!
- Community Builder
- ARTIO JoomSEF
- Phoca Download
- Phoca Gallery
- Phoca Guestbook
- Phoca Maps
It worked very well, but i came across a few problems, where it appeared not to work properly. My fault, not the extension.
I decided to contact their support and within a few emails, they went into my site and sorted it all out for me.
Excellent customer support makes the upgrade from 1.5 to 2.5 a smooth task, making this extension well worth the cost.
I tried to migrate directly to 3.0, but ran into display / override problems w/ Joomla's native Contacts component, so I went back to 2.5, again using SP Ugrade. And again it took me less than 30 mins to migrate everything!
Especially, I like the idea that SP Upgrade manages the core stuff for you, and then it has the capability to copy over custom tables (in my case to use with Breezingforms). Worked like a charm!
5 stars obviously!
I had a site going from v1.5 to v2.5
Some issues, but the developer was very helpful and even went into my site to find the issue!
Articles converted are clean.
I Could not rate the developer more highly and 100% recommend this plugin .
One thing, the images file doesn't (didn't) transfer. but it's a simple matter of copying the contents over in cPanel.
Just going through the process of re positioning my modules to fit the new template I have and pointing the menu items to my new top menu then it should be ready to launch.
Documentation is pretty useful and the extension seems designed to catch most problems that are likely to be encountered and actually offers choices as to how to deal with these problems. (Main problem encountered: issues with items with identical aliases).
Templates need to be migrated one at a time. And definitely a hit or miss (about 70% success rate).
Even though it is a paid product it works out less expensive than the free migration tools because it is quicker and a lot more reliable than the other tools I've tried.