Finally a final release!
Note: only the English language file is now present. In the coming days/weeks additional language files will be made available.
• Users can be mass deleted, blocked, unblocked and activated. A re-activation string can be set and their group assignments can be changed; all with only a few mouse clicks.
• All user information can be set or updated, including registration date, activation string and params.
• The exported user list can be downloaded as CSV text directly.
• userport can be configured by non-super users too: all options can be set and checked in the 4-step workflow.
• An export can retrieve all user information from all users. Basic filtering can be applied to restrict which users need exporting.
• A 'test mode' allows you to test the import file and to verify the notification emails safely: without touching your database, and without disrupting your userbase.
• userport will not time-out: it has been tested to successfully import more than 20000 users using 1 import file.
• userport automatically uses default values for those fields you don't supply.
• All options and their consequences are clearly explained on the page where you configure them.
Note: Joomla 1.5 users must use the stable version v2.2
Changes for v3.0:
Only minor fixes since the last beta.
- Corrected access check for non-super-users.
- Clear the BOM if present.
- Do not present the next batch if no more data is present.
- Do not parse the last empty row.
You should think at least 2-3 times before installing this, unless you're a PHP expert.
Migrating a site from Joomla 1.5 to 2.5 where SP Upgrade and Jupgrade didn't work. Userport to the rescue, simply exported entire user list of some 70 users from the 1.5 site and imported into the 2.5 site with no hassle at all.
Full marks to the developer/s
This plug in however, just works.
Probably needs a bit of interface TLC, but if it works then I'll live with that.
No, this is currently not possible. For now, you can export all your users, and then - using LibreOffice or MS Excel - filter on your local PC.
Please contact me via email or the via the forum, so we can discuss your feature request.
All in all - exactly what I needed.
Userport's instructions are very clear: the documentation is part of the component, so it walks you through each step carefully. I can see that it's very important to READ them.
I did do a test, as recommended, and I was glad I did. I fixed a few things with the CSV file and then it worked like a charm when I did the final import into Joomla 2.5
I highly recommend this component. It's very professional, in my opinion, and very well thought out. And super-easy to do. Besides being extremely useful.
Userport can also do some utility functions with the User list, so it's helpful for more than initial setup with a site, too.
I have a question, is it possible to eporter the user list with the fields that interest me.
Currently, this is rather limited. The idea is that you can always easily delete a column in Calc or Excel. This may be improved in userport in future versions, however.
Thank you for your kind review! If you have further questions, feel free to contact me (press Support above; or if you prefer, you can find my email in the installer xml file).
1.7 is severely bugged.
It is true you had more than a fair share of problems. I regret you encountered these problems, and I thank you for reporting them.
Do understand that the current release is of alpha quality - it also labeled as such. I am working towards a beta release, that will fix most if not all problems you and others have reported. Hopefully you can then be persuaded to give it try again.
I have one question if someone knows to answer it. I want all my users to have the same password so I put in the password field the password but when I import them it doesnt accept the passwords. Should I encode them or use the "" for the passwords?
If you still have this issue, please contact me (press Support above; or if you prefer, you can find my email in the installer xml file).
I'll be happy to help you out.
Worked great, with little fuss. A few small teething problems, but these were more user error, and not due to the developer.
Tried both version 2, and more recently version 2.2.
Saved me a lot of time and manual work. At lest 2-3 hours. I am a relatively novice-intermediate Joomla user, so found it very helpful.
Thank you for your review.
The bug has been reported to me - perhaps it was you? - and is fixed in v2.2
Thank you. A version for Joomla 1.6 and 1.7 is under active development. I hope to be able to release an alpha version soon.