It collects data from different sources and creates a picture that can be displayed by WLAN enabled Picture Frames (and tablets with RSS feed reader that supports media feeds).
Please check the enclosed Manual before installing uddePF. For optimal usage your server should provide Cron jobs but is it also possible to run uddePF without.
uddePF comes with following plugins:
* Date/Time (displays Date/Time information)
* DWD (displays forecast from the Deutscher Wetter Dienst) **1
* RSS Feeds (displays RSS Feeds)
* Slideshow (displays pictures randomly)
* Style (changes the background)
* Weather (displays Weather information)
* Fuel (displays fuel price) **1
Other modules are available from the development page:
* Calendar (displays Google Calendar content)
* Mail (displays email boxes, POP3 and IMAP accounts)
* Messenger (displays status information of IM contacts)
* PayPal (displays PayPal account balance and transactions)
* ZDFWeather (displays forecast from the ZDF) **1
[**1] Useful for German residents only
The backend is currently available in English and German. Nevertheless it works for all other languages, too.
On the project homepage you will find several screenshots from the backend interface and from the plugins.
When writing a review please have in mind that the component is still under development. Please do not use the review function for bug reports. Thanks.