Weever is a service that lets you build and deploy a mobile web app, quickly and easily from your Joomla site!
The mobile web app functions and feels just like a native iOS, Android, or Blackberry app, except with no App Store barriers: launch your app today!
This extension enables you to build and manage your app entirely within Joomla's administrator backend, utilizing mobile best practices to present your content for a mobile-specific context. App visitors will be able to quickly and easy find your latest news, follow your social network feeds, touch to make a phone call or email you, watch your videos, browse your photo feeds, and more.
Setting up a Weever App is extremely easy. All you do is:
- Sign up for an API key
- Install extension
- Paste in API key
- Start adding content and branding to your app!
The extension will forward the devices you specify to your app, and automatically provides the app with the most up-to-date info, so you do not have to manage both your app and your site.
Currently natively supports:
- Joomla Content Articles, with new ACL/Login Support
- K2, EasyBlog, VirtueMart
- Joomla Contacts
- Social and more: Twitter, Facebook, Identi.ca, Blogger, Youtube, Vimeo, Flickr, Picasa, Foursquare, Wufoo Forms, more being added regularly
- App works for iPhone/iPod/iPad, Android devices, Blackberry touch devices
Make Weever Your Mobile Mapping Solution:
- Build mobile maps with geotagged content from Joomla 1.7+ Content, and K2 Content using the Weever Geotagger, a comprehensive geotagging plugin with a point-and-click UI in the K2/Joomla article editor.
- "Nearby" tab shows a list of content items based on their distance from the mobile device's GPS position.
- End-users can filter categories of content on the maps to make looking for relevant content easy! One-click from a content item to Driving Directions too!
- Support for KML and GeoRSS data
Localized Apps in English (US, Canada, UK), French (Canada), Portuguese (Portugal), Mandarin (China), Italian (Italy), Finnish (Finland), Dutch (Holland) available.
The Weever Apps API:
Developers of extensions can make their extension compatible via our API documentation, and add their content feeds directly to the app through "R3S Objects". See our Developer API site for more info.
Many more additional features, see our site for more details.
- Adrian Rodriguez, 5th Realm Haunted House (Clovis, Calif.)
Hope they can tweak this to get some decent response time. Also need to dump the address bar if you're trying to simulate an app. iWebkit does this extremely well is much much faster.
Please submit your issue to our support ticket system. We'd be especially interested in what phone you are using. Please note we're still in beta, and could really use more details about your issue in order to resolve it.
Everything on our site is is not available trough the app, but the important things are there. Especially the info for our next meeting: date, hour, address and link to the google map!
I recommend it. It's very easy to setup in a couple of minutes. No app coding skills required!