We didn´t win any awards or we also didn´t have 100 million downloads nor we claiming for features we don´t provide in real! No, all we want is providing a real free and serious mobile solution for Joomla & friends, on the long! No hidden strings or the usual tricks you know from the market! XApp-Studio is a full fledged web based IDE, developed with lots of love since over 4 years now and this project doesn´t know the words "finish" or "revenue" ! Its developed by ex game engine coders and we love to bring all the knowledge and neat things to mobile apps!
You can create an application in less than just 5 minutes (Not kidding ! this app is done in 3 minutes : http://bitly.com/10GtF2R). All what's needed is a logo, some splash screens and connecting app tabs to your Joomla content ! You can choose among various layouts, assets, themes and styles.
- creating of a native iPhone application. True native !
- creating of a hybrid iPhone & iPad applications (Which you can upload to the app store). Cordova project files are provided.
- creating of a hybrid Android smartphone & tablet application (Which you can upload to the app store). Cordova/PhoneGap project and APK files are provided.
- creating of a mobile web app (using redirection or as Joomla template )
- full control over your application's behavior and look & feel by visual editors.
- open formats and standards, many ways to solve the same problem
- all platforms have support for each tablets
- all free except custom apps or extra man hours
- updated daily to reach elite quality (BBC,SoundCloud, Facebook app level)
Packages - Overview
- Joomla "component"
- Joomla "plug-in"
- Joomla "template"
The Joomla - "Component" :
The purpose of the component is to enable Quick-XApp-Studio to connect with Joomla and download data like articles, JEvents content, etc... This is done by activating a regular XML-RPC server for your site. We recommend to create a Joomla user in your site and use the login details within Quick-XApp-Studio.
The Joomla - "Plug-in" :
After the installation you will find a new plug-in called "XAPP-BOT". The plug-in can be used in 2 ways :
1. forward mobile devices to our server directly or
2. enable the Joomla template "qxapp" for mobile devices
The Joomla "Template":
After the installation your will find a new template called "qxapp". As mentioned before, the plug-in "XAPP-BOT" will use this template for mobile devices which have been specified within the plug-in parameters.
Supported Joomla Components :
- Joomla sections,categories and articles.
- JEvents categories and events. JEvents-Location categories and locatio
It really works out of the box and WOW is so simple to use and with small learning curve.
It has two versions, a quick studio editor for not advanced users which doesn't need programming skills at all and a more advanced editor where you can tweak code, css and more things. You can jump from one version to the other if you want with one click.
They have a mobile phone simulator next to the editor so you can see your tweaks and changes in real time as you work.
To be honest there are small bugs and issues around like on every software out there but in this case they get fixed so fast you won't even notice.
The support is excellent too and very fast. They really want you to succeed with your app and they try their best to guide you and support you.
The project is very promising and gets better day by day.
Oh and did i mention all that it's Free...
We had a few problems with EasyBlog but the guys fixed it in a few minutes. We also wanted a few improvements and they did fast and for free.
I really like that I can create apps for my Joomla sites and publish it to app stores.
Very exiting, thumbs up on this one !
Please improve the article display and add more support for other Joomla plugins, I believe that Joomla users will appreciate it.
thanks. Your wish is our order :-)
Please check soon in Quick-XApp the settings for app tabs. You can select then from popular and stunning designs : "Blog-Layout", "Video-Layout",... Its similar and same as good what you can see in the Twittr or Youtube apps.