Mobile Joomla! is trusted by more than 130,000 Joomla! users and used to mobilize over 15,000,000 pages.
Mobile Joomla! Benefits:
* Easy - Install and have a stunning mobile site out-of-the-box
* Fast - Less waiting & more engagement for your visitors, better conversion for you
* Boost - Up to 400% better performance for your responsive templates
* Optimized - Best user experience, no matter what mobile device or browser your visitors use
* Widest mobile device support, from feature phones to smartphones & tablets
* True optimization for your mobile site, accorting to each device's capabilities
* Multi template and layout support for different device segments
* Up to 400% performance boost for responsive templates
* 3rd party mobile template support
* Custom mobile modules, menus, layouts
* Advanced image optimization
* Sub-domain redirection per device category
* Compatibility with 3rd party extensions, modules and plugins
I use FireFox with AddOn User Agent Switcher. I switched and switched and switched but there was no mobile view of my page, just the standard.
So, I checked the source code and found out that the component had cached my user agent settings and ignored my switchings.
So, I deactivated caching with a small hack for further developping and testing and switching ;-)
After that I needed 10 minutes to understand the settings, how to add modules, menus and...
This is an excellent time saving extension, not meant ironically in this context.
This is my experience checked on live portal site and on local VPS machine
1.MySQL database shell dramatically grow up. If your database was 4MB after installing this component it
shell grow up minimum to 40MB. A lot of tables shell be created.
2.Its difficult to manage footers on Mobile devices.
3. Standard version is not in correct view
4. If there is virus attack then it is impossible after cleaning , to check is site ok on other platforms
for example on Samsung the virus can be still present , and there are a lot of tables to check
1. Mobile Joomla! is able to detect almost any mobile device in details, to serve the best user experience possible. Device information is stored in database, which requires space. In our earlier versions, database had significant size as you mentioned, however, in our latest releases we listened your feedback and it's optimised to take much less space. You can also use Mobile Joomla! Pro, which uses remote device detection, and does not use any database of your server at all.
2. Footers are Joomla! modules and their management are not different than managing Joomla! modules.
3. Mobile Joomla! has no effect/control over the display of your standard (desktop) website
4. Mobile Joomla! is open source software and is related & can not be responsible of any virus attack you'd get on your server or mobile device.
This tool helps you very well but getting jQuery mobile to work properly is definitely not klick and play!
I am now glad that I didn't quit. I stuck with it because I work for a non-profit and we can't afford to pay someone outside to develop a mobile version of the site. After hours of frustration, I finally took some advice I saw on the forum and reinstalled the extension. That and a little help from Jesus fixed it.
After that, and using a trick mentioned on the site (adding "/?device=iphone" after the url) I was able to view the mobile version in Safari. It then took about an hour to tweak the site to look good on the iphone (It didn't like my DIV tags).
If you do have trouble installing or viewing the effects of this extension, I would encourage you to keep trying, because it is worth it. The site is working really well now, and my boss is happy. Hallelujah!
Hi, thank you for taking your time to try and review Mobile Joomla! We are sorry to hear that you did not have a positive experience like majority of our users.
Mobile Joomla! is a free, open source and a Release Candidate software. There may be problems which we are constantly trying to fix with the help of our community. The subdomain issue, as you mentioned was known, fixed and available on Github 2 weeks before your post, which was a day after the last release. Naturally, we do not release an update for every fix, but wait until they reach a certain amount. However, we commit such fixes on Github, for you to benefit until an official update is available.
Regarding other posts you mentioned on Mobile Joomla! Forums: There will always be users who face certain challenges using any software. That's natural and what we do is to try our best to help and improve our product continuously.
We are keen to make Mobile Joomla! the best Joomla! mobilization solution. Yes, we do not ask for money, however, find our motivation when people benefit and have positive experience with our products. We hope we'll be able to help you to solve your problem, and turn your review into positive in close future.
Even without any extra configuration it immediately produced a good result for my site displaying on iPhone.
With a bit of configuration of the templates and module positions it will produce an excellent mobile display.
When I read the reviews it appeared that the only negative reviews came from people who had not read the instructions well before downloading, and then blamed the component rather than their lack of knowledge.
One of the common complaints was about the ads at the bottom of the page. It took less than 3 minutes to; find the plugin that Mobile Joomla offers, download it, enable it, and for the ads to be removed from the mobile site.
So the ads are a non issue, other than the fact that this is how Mobile Joomla gets revenue. I would be happy to pay a licence fee for not having the ads if that were an option. Currently it is completely free.
A great component.
The less we can do is support this kind of components and work by donating or keeping the links to recommend (which are not intrusive in any way)
Many negative comments should be ashamed.
Within 10 minutes, I had my site displaying a mobile component. It was beautiful.
The component gives you the ability to duplicate certain modules you may have and assign them to a mobile module position.
The ads were an issue, due to the site being for a non-profit organization, but they provided a plugin that would remove the ads with the click of a button. I'll be using this component for years to come.
THANK YOU for your hard work.
If you choose to use this component, read the documentation they provide on your site.
Hi, thanks for taking your time to review. We are sorry to hear that you are not satisfied, however, we'd like to clarify certain issues in your review so that it does not mislead other users who would greatly benefit.
- There is nothing hidden on Mobile Joomla! Not only it's open source and well documented, but also integrated support ads are clearly communicated before you download and install Mobile Joomla! with clear instructions on how to simply remove them for free.
- Ads visible on your mobile site is generated by Google based on your site content. So if you believe they are crappy, it's not due to our extension.