Mobile Joomla! is also the easiest way to speed up your responsive template performance up to 400% on mobile devices.
Mobile Joomla! is trusted by more than 150,000 Joomla! users and used to mobilize over 15,000,000 pages.
Mobile Joomla! Benefits:
* Easy - Install and have a stunning mobile site out-of-the-box
* Fast - Less waiting & more engagement for your visitors, better conversion for you
* Performance - Up to 400% better performance for your responsive templates
* Optimized - Best user experience, no matter what mobile device or browser your visitors use
* Widest mobile device support, from feature phones to smartphones & tablets
* True optimization for your mobile site, accorting to each device's capabilities
* Multi template and layout support for different device segments
* Up to 400% performance boost for responsive templates
* 3rd party mobile template support
* Custom mobile modules, menus, layouts
* Advanced image optimization
* Sub-domain redirection per device category
* Compatibility with 3rd party extensions, modules and plugins
Hi there, we are sorry to hear about your negative experience.
The issue most likely was caused by a browser that caches 301 http redirect statuses (or a proxy between your computer and our server, with the same behavior). We included several additional http headers to prevent caching, hope that will fix your and similar problems in future.
We hope this will help and be able to turn your experience into positive.
The users of my site are mostly mobile. A stable mobile component was not optional. MobileJoomla has been a dependable solution.
It does an excellent job of displaying a specific template for a specific type of mobile device. If you use a quality mobile template, you can get very good results.
Unless you buy the Pro version, expect an increae in the size of your database. Know the limits of your shared hosting plan.
It works well with K2 and Kunena. I'm sure there are other extensions it works well with, these are just two it does excecptionally well.
It can be tricky to configure. Read all the instructions. Read the forums. BACKUP before you install and backup again as you change settings.
Support for the free version is decent. Support for the Pro version is excellent.
If you do not understand Joomla's temnplate overrides, you might find it difficult to get good results at first. Learn how to use template overrides and you can build a blazing fast, beautiful mobile site.
This component isn't for the Joomla newbie. But if you have a simple site, backup first and give it a try.
After I succeeded in resolving conflict in database, discovered, that TeraWurfl application (supporting Mobile Joomla) IS NOT CONFIGURED PROPERLY, tried almost everything - still end up with errors.
If you have access to first version - ok, go for it. For now I strongly discourage using such poor in quality solution - you will have errors even on your laptop/PC when displaying (sic!)
Thanks for trying our product, we are sorry to hear you were not able to utilize it for your needs.
Mobile Joomla! is improved and evolved significantly during the years. Problems updating might could have been avoided with regular updates (as recommended), since each update has a relation to the previous. Your problems regarding Terwurfl might be due to this reason, since Mobile Joomla! does not use Terwurfl as device detection anymore.
Mobile Joomla! has no effect displaying on laptop/PC, which strongly indicates the errors you get might be due to your Joomla! setup, related to other 3rd party extensions.
We are sorry to see you are discouraging others to use our product. We do our best to help our users to solve their problems on our forums. You are always welcome there if you'd like to solve yours.
Installed your elegance template...Love it too! You've saved me hours of work. Thank you!
Professional, sleek and (still can't believe it) completely FREE!
I use FireFox with AddOn User Agent Switcher. I switched and switched and switched but there was no mobile view of my page, just the standard.
So, I checked the source code and found out that the component had cached my user agent settings and ignored my switchings.
So, I deactivated caching with a small hack for further developping and testing and switching ;-)
After that I needed 10 minutes to understand the settings, how to add modules, menus and...
This is an excellent time saving extension, not meant ironically in this context.
This is my experience checked on live portal site and on local VPS machine
1.MySQL database shell dramatically grow up. If your database was 4MB after installing this component it
shell grow up minimum to 40MB. A lot of tables shell be created.
2.Its difficult to manage footers on Mobile devices.
3. Standard version is not in correct view
4. If there is virus attack then it is impossible after cleaning , to check is site ok on other platforms
for example on Samsung the virus can be still present , and there are a lot of tables to check
1. Mobile Joomla! is able to detect almost any mobile device in details, to serve the best user experience possible. Device information is stored in database, which requires space. In our earlier versions, database had significant size as you mentioned, however, in our latest releases we listened your feedback and it's optimised to take much less space. You can also use Mobile Joomla! Pro, which uses remote device detection, and does not use any database of your server at all.
2. Footers are Joomla! modules and their management are not different than managing Joomla! modules.
3. Mobile Joomla! has no effect/control over the display of your standard (desktop) website
4. Mobile Joomla! is open source software and is related & can not be responsible of any virus attack you'd get on your server or mobile device.
This tool helps you very well but getting jQuery mobile to work properly is definitely not klick and play!
I am now glad that I didn't quit. I stuck with it because I work for a non-profit and we can't afford to pay someone outside to develop a mobile version of the site. After hours of frustration, I finally took some advice I saw on the forum and reinstalled the extension. That and a little help from Jesus fixed it.
After that, and using a trick mentioned on the site (adding "/?device=iphone" after the url) I was able to view the mobile version in Safari. It then took about an hour to tweak the site to look good on the iphone (It didn't like my DIV tags).
If you do have trouble installing or viewing the effects of this extension, I would encourage you to keep trying, because it is worth it. The site is working really well now, and my boss is happy. Hallelujah!
Hi, thank you for taking your time to try and review Mobile Joomla! We are sorry to hear that you did not have a positive experience like majority of our users.
Mobile Joomla! is a free, open source and a Release Candidate software. There may be problems which we are constantly trying to fix with the help of our community. The subdomain issue, as you mentioned was known, fixed and available on Github 2 weeks before your post, which was a day after the last release. Naturally, we do not release an update for every fix, but wait until they reach a certain amount. However, we commit such fixes on Github, for you to benefit until an official update is available.
Regarding other posts you mentioned on Mobile Joomla! Forums: There will always be users who face certain challenges using any software. That's natural and what we do is to try our best to help and improve our product continuously.
We are keen to make Mobile Joomla! the best Joomla! mobilization solution. Yes, we do not ask for money, however, find our motivation when people benefit and have positive experience with our products. We hope we'll be able to help you to solve your problem, and turn your review into positive in close future.
Even without any extra configuration it immediately produced a good result for my site displaying on iPhone.
With a bit of configuration of the templates and module positions it will produce an excellent mobile display.
When I read the reviews it appeared that the only negative reviews came from people who had not read the instructions well before downloading, and then blamed the component rather than their lack of knowledge.
One of the common complaints was about the ads at the bottom of the page. It took less than 3 minutes to; find the plugin that Mobile Joomla offers, download it, enable it, and for the ads to be removed from the mobile site.
So the ads are a non issue, other than the fact that this is how Mobile Joomla gets revenue. I would be happy to pay a licence fee for not having the ads if that were an option. Currently it is completely free.
A great component.