Mobile Joomla! is also the easiest way to speed up your responsive template performance up to 400% on mobile devices.
Mobile Joomla! is trusted by more than 150,000 Joomla! users and used to mobilize over 15,000,000 pages.
Mobile Joomla! Benefits:
* Easy - Install and have a stunning mobile site out-of-the-box
* Fast - Less waiting & more engagement for your visitors, better conversion for you
* Performance - Up to 400% better performance for your responsive templates
* Optimized - Best user experience, no matter what mobile device or browser your visitors use
* Widest mobile device support, from feature phones to smartphones & tablets
* True optimization for your mobile site, accorting to each device's capabilities
* Multi template and layout support for different device segments
* Up to 400% performance boost for responsive templates
* 3rd party mobile template support
* Custom mobile modules, menus, layouts
* Advanced image optimization
* Sub-domain redirection per device category
* Compatibility with 3rd party extensions, modules and plugins
I would have gladly given it 5 stars instead of 4, had it been disclosed that some templates would show ads (not my own, as my site is ad-free) on the page. Yes, this is a free extension, and the developers are entitled to compensation, but just let us know in advance rather than letting us find ads after the fact.
Hi there, thanks for your review and we are glad to hear you like MJ!
Ads displayed on mobile version is totally voluntary to support our development, and we provide very simple way to remove them;
We communicated this a while ago;
But you are right, our new users may not be aware of that. We will add a warning, so that this doesn't cause any inconvenience to any.
Thanks for the feedback, we appreciate!
Hi there, MJ! should display out-of-the box on every device, especially new ones. Please do communicate us on our Forums so that we can try to help you.
I've installed the plugin in Joomla 1.5.22.
Tested it and found out that it does not work correctly with Iphone. The submenu items do not get displayed. Asked about this to their support forum but the response is slow and still there is no solution. In the meantime tested it on an android phone and the submenu got displayed correctly. After changing to another submenu and going back to the 1st submenu it also does not get displayed.
Note that if you have the sh404sef "Enable template switcher" enabled, it will not allow mobile joomla to do its thing. Disable the template switcher in sh404sef (if you have that installed and running), and allow mobile joomla to do the template switching. this will give it more options to switch since MJ is will serve the template based on the mobile device.
Then I decided to give MOBILE a try. I run a site with 30K+ daily visitors... Absolutely ZERO issues, immediate, great output on Blackberry and Iphones. Lots of template customization possibilities. Give this one a try, it's highly recommended!
One warning: this component adds about 70 megs to your sql database size. No kidding. According to developer, this is necessary to accurately detete the hundreds of mobile devices. Unfortunately, this large size could prevent you from restoring your database. On my host, phpmyadmin has a 50 meg limit, so when my site when down, I couldn't restore the database. I finally removed all the mobilejoomla tables and the sql file went from 74 megs to 3.2 megs.
Since I only care about iphone, blackberry, and android devices, it would be nice if developer could create a config that would eliminate all the other tables and reduce the database size.
Just install the Plugin, SetUp your desired Modules and done! You have a working and nice-looking iPhone-Website!
And the best thing: It's for free. I'd like also to donate something to this genious project. Whrere can I do this?