Mobile Joomla! is trusted by more than 130,000 Joomla! users and used to mobilize over 15,000,000 pages.
Mobile Joomla! Benefits:
* Easy - Install and have a stunning mobile site out-of-the-box
* Fast - Less waiting & more engagement for your visitors, better conversion for you
* Boost - Up to 400% better performance for your responsive templates
* Optimized - Best user experience, no matter what mobile device or browser your visitors use
* Widest mobile device support, from feature phones to smartphones & tablets
* True optimization for your mobile site, accorting to each device's capabilities
* Multi template and layout support for different device segments
* Up to 400% performance boost for responsive templates
* 3rd party mobile template support
* Custom mobile modules, menus, layouts
* Advanced image optimization
* Sub-domain redirection per device category
* Compatibility with 3rd party extensions, modules and plugins
This would work great, I suppose, with relatively simple sites or blogs, but it does hobble full Joomla installations.
I'm looking forward to future versions. It's definitely the best solution available in this category.
Thanks for your feedback roadsider. Following Joomla!, we are focusing on a high performance and stable core, which would be expanded with extensions. This, as you say, is aimed to provide solution for relatively simple sites. Once we achieve this, we will introduce Mobile extensions to mobilize more complex Joomla! sites.
Anyway, this is one of the best solution to mobilize joomla. Many thanks to mobilejoomla.
Very impressed for an early version and high hopes for future releases.
Image resizing (including turning all images off completely for super-fast loading) I believe is not offered by any other mobile Joomla component.
Works straight out of the box and can be fairly easily customised in half-an-hour to do what you want it to.
However, it does not work perfectly with JomSocial or other larger-width components. They still work but look somewhat ugly.
Documentation is fairly poor, however, it is surely still early days in development...
Cheers, great work!
But what I'm really missing is the control of the output. It would be great to hide certain divs (ids, classes) or another control of the output to tell joomla which what to display for the mobile user and what for the desktop version. Many extensions (in my case jomsocial and jreviews) are not usable with that extension. I hope the developer will add more features (I'm willing to pay some bucks if it gets better).
Unfortunately in the forum are many threads which have not been answered. That was a reason not to use it. Because if you have problems you can't ask somebody.