Let your Joomla site be heard! This is a simple way to add continuous background audio to your Joomla site. To install module, just download, setup your audio files, setup the module, publish and voila! you have sound.
To add to content use the plugin version or install both, combine and enjoy!
Module Feature list.
* New version uses HTML5/CSS3 Audio tag
* Fallback to flash player on older browsers
* Modify button look with CSS
* Allows you to loop background music/sound
* Put a list of audio files the module can choose from, so have different music everytime!
* Random Play or create a playlist
* Shuffle Play
* Very unobtrusive, you wouldn't even know it's there.
* For more control, you can publish the media controls
* Make copies (see faq) to have different audio lists for different pages.
* Audio/Music will continue on page changes. (Non-frame solution)
* does not require any modification of core module or any modules.
Known Issues: Audio resume is simulated only therefore pauses or skipping may occur between pages.
Plugin Feature list
* Ability to embed music in your content.
* Add the controllers, to have an alternative to reading, now your site is sight-challenged ready.
* Ability to autostart audio or give the controls to user.
* Have multiple copies in one document content.
10/25/2013 - bug fix for no loop not working on reload
02/5/2013 - used mp3 as default source for Chrome
- module can now be upgraded without uninstalling
- corrected missing audio when not set to playlist
- added code to prevent notices of undefined variables from showing.
12/17/2012 - Added option to turn off alerts, sometimes browsers misfire, this will prevent the alerts from poping, just make sure you have both audio versions.
11/5/2012 - Added code to alert for missing audio files (HTML5 player). Both .ogg and .mp3 files are required
Removed obfuscation on main php file.
10/12/2012 - Added code to revert back to legacy Flash player for Safari 5.1.7 (not HTML5 compliant)
Added code to revert back to legacy Flash player for Opera 12 for Windows (not 100% HTML5 stable)
Added code to revert back to legacy Flash player for Firefox 3.x (not HTML5 compliant)
added code that will automatically detect and revert back
to legacy Flash player (Flash plugin required) for these browsers
10/9/12 Released for Joomla 3.0
9/30/12 HTML5 player modified to allow Playlist play
Random Play is now active in HTML5 player
Shuffle play is now active in HTML5 player
Excess space left by unique code removal in Flash player is now removed.
08/19/12 Updated HTML5 player
Added code to allow easier modification of HTML5 player via CSS
Fixed minor bug
Many thanks to the developers. I installed this one as a favor. Next time, I will be donating to the "Pizza Fund".