Spider Video Player for Joomla! is a video player extension that allows you to easily add videos to your website with the possibility of organizing videos into playlists and choosing a preferred layout for the player. Spider Video Player is one of the best video players available in JED. Spider Video Player provides a convenient user interface, incorporating all the common features for video players including video quality selection, sharing, full screen, shuffle etc. Moreover, you have the option of designing different themes for the video player by customizing each feature available. This is an optimal video player solution for your Joomla! Website, providing effective integration and high level of customization.
Features of Spider Video Player:
- Joomla1.5, Joomla 1.6, Joomla 1.7, Joomla 2.5 and Joomla 3.0 native extension
-HTML5 and Flash support.
- You can add the listed types of videos into Spider Video Player:
• Http – You can provide the URL of the video and its HD version (UrlHD) in the video player or select it from the uploaded videos.
• YouTube – Provide the YouTube link to the video in the URL field.
• rtmp – Fill in the Flash Media Server (FMS) URL of the video for the video player along with the regular URL and UrlHD (HD version).
- Each video in the Spider Video Player can have an image (thumb) representing it in the video player window. There is also an option for adding an image for the whole video playlist.
- Multiple playlists for each video player. Possibility to add tags for each video. Parameters for sorting videos and creating video playlists.
- Possibility to define the height and width of the video player, also defining the video size adjustment options for the player window.
- Possibility to add a watermark image for the video player and change the size, position and border spacing of watermark image.
- Possibility to watch videos in the full screen mode of the video player.
- Possibility to choose different playback options (auto play, auto next song, etc.) for the video player.
- You can also select the transparency level of buttons on the video player.
-Possibility to change positions and colors of video control buttons on the video player.
-You can also show or hide video control buttons on the video player.
-Possibility to change library, videos and frames background color on the video player.
-Possibility to shuffle and repeat videos in playlist on the video player.
Spider video player has wonderful flash effects. You can add several video players in one page with different parameters and playlists. With Spider video player you can have unlimited playlists with unlimited number of videos.
1. The library view concept is great but there should be no additional steps needed to view a video once you've clicked on it. The user should have been able to view the video in the place of the thumbnail or should have been automatically taken to the viewing screen. Most users will not know they're supposed to click a very inconspicuous button in order to view the video playing in the background.
2. There should have been an option to allow the playlist to be visible automatically on page load.
I purchased this extension yesterday but I won't be using it because it will not serve it's intending purpose which is to have "playlist ready" video module on my homepage. The video library would have been a good substitute but it will do more harm than good being that it's not as simple as click and view. This will do nothing but frustrate users.
Awesome support! I registered on this site just to be able to give this extension a five star review. This videoplayer makes exactly what you want with smart solutions for different player themes and playlists.
Huge thanks for your great support! I will buy more from you guys later.
I tried about 4 other plugins.... some would work on web pages but not on Ipad. Others would work on Ipad but not on Browsers...
Easy to install, set up and get video running within a few minutes.