* Automatically adds "Read more..." link after a configurable number of characters or words.
* Works on the Front Page optionally
* Works with modules
* Will not break HTML or break the article in the middle of a word.
* Preserves formatting (optionally) and fixes unclosed tags if php-tidy or php DOMDocument is installed at the server
* Configurable to ignore or to work for specific categories, articles
* Commented so that you may read through the code and add your own features if you like.
* Allows to place artilce images to the intro text to have your blog illustrated. Even if you do not have a picture in the intro of the article (if this option is selected) it will find the first picture from the article and use it.
I had downloaded v3.8.2 for my site and it conflicted with the Joomla 3.1 tags component. Bad for blogging! "Ack, so what do I do now? I need the auto read more, but I need the tags...." I emailed the developers on Friday night and received an email back on Saturday morning.... ON SATURDAY! Who provides weekend support for a free extension? Well, a lot of people, but it was really nice that they did! Anyway, they wrote back and gave me the most recent version of the extension to install - v3.8.6. That fixed it and now my tags and read mores live in harmony. PLUS, my client is in love with not having to click the read more button every time she writes a blog post. NAILED IT! :-)
If I had not gotten the support or if I had not written to the developer, I probably would not have given a very good review, so to people trying out extensions and giving reviews, please remember that. This is a wonderful extension and if I or they had not put in that 5 minutes of effort, the beauty of this extension would not have been realized.
I have had many bad experiences with extensions, but it is nice to see that sometimes it is worth trying out new extensions that no one has reviewed, because you may just end up being the very first of a long line of good reviews! I imagine that will be the case for this extension.
I saw there are a couple newer versions up on the site, so I am going to go check them out!
Try this extension! Seriously!
Great job! I love your spider!
NB. Make sure you don't have 'Read More' links turned off or the link will not show up. (Go to your default menu and click your Home menu item. Under the 'Articles' tab, set the Show "Read More" option to 'Show'.) Hope this helps others, as I bumped into this issue myself at first.
Thanks (-: But it doesn't resize article pictures. (-: