For Joomla 2.5 and 3.+ only:
• 2.5.2: Creating thumbs from the images.
For Joomla 1.5.x only:
• 2.1.6: New option not to limit the text and not to strip tags.
• 2.1.5: Specifying how many days ago to list articles from.
• 2.1: Possibility to show the author.
• 2.0: More flexible content output through an html supported textarea.
Took me about 5 minutes top to configure it and now it's running great.
One quibble: If a web visitor clicked on the number below, then the news ticker stops and doesn't restart until the page reload. It's a small thing but would be nice if there's a certain time out and then the newsticker will restart without having to reload the page.
Also, I tried with W3C validation and there's an error code so I hope this can be updated with W3C corrections.
But all in all, a great tool!
thank you, deafbiz!
I have found the small W3C invalidation cause and updated the current version
I'm very glad that developer responded immediately to every request I had about this module, and it's really nice to see such dedication to make this better. With scrolling and sliding functions added lately, I think this could be the one of the most usable module I've tried.
Excellent work, Mr. Vargas. You did a top notch job!