The module is the most eye-catching way to display featured articles in the slide show, The module usually put in the top of the main content. With many animations supported and have an easy to control the module displaying via simple parameters, you can do everything as you like and let your client see Your Site In a impression way.
* Support both Joomla! 1.5 Native and Joomla 1.6 , Joomla 2.5, Joomla 3.0 Native.
* Play slideshow with many directions such as horizontal, vertical direction (and more) mootools 1.1 and 1.2 framework.
* Allow display the list of articles from one or many categories.
* Customize User CSS formatting, allow override css in default template.
* Lightweight, modern and fast-loading design.
* Supports scrolling for the navigator as buttons to next or previous item in the list
* Fully compatible IE6+, Firefox 2+, Flock 0.7+, Netscape, Safari, Opera 9.5
* Support cropping, resizing thumbnail
* Support multiple themes on the Navigator .
* PHP version > 5.0
* Joomla version > 1.5.x
It works fine using Firefox (PC/Mac), Safari, and my Android phone. If you have no need for someone to view your site using Internet Explorer then I recommend this plug-in.
Demo is great.
But it does not worked for me on Joomla! 1.6. ;(
No content is been displaying, no matter what category did I use.
Some times the following error appear: "this.fxItems[index] is undefined".
I hope all this is Joomla! 1.6 issue.
Also, it doesn't conflict with the dropdown menus of my template like some other slideshows did.
If you don't want the Title link to lead to the article you're using for slideshow purpose only, you can solve it by 301 redirect in you .htaccess. I have an Article Category that is only for slideshow purpose and not displayed elsewhere. However, each article in the slideshow category is promoting another category so I solved it by using the 301. Hope this is useful for some of you :-)
I find it incredible that this one was for free + they have excellent demos and instructions!
I reallty like the extention (the way it worked on 1.5 Exelent.. really!)
The thing I experienced is that trying to add the mod to a position results in a crash of the entire J1.6 site. I've tried an other mod (mod_homepageslideshow1.6) and this one works fine!
Although I like the LOF Article Slideshow better.
I'll keep on trying to get the job done. When iI find a solution I'll share it a.s.a.p.
In the mean time I really hope you people from Land Of Coders find the code to the solution.
I think I speak on behalf of many users.
Thanks in advance.
Keep up the good work.
Stay in touch!
Greetings from Amsterdam
Between downloading, installing, answer a few of the parameters (which were straight forward as easy to figure out) and then viewing the results, if it took me 4 minutes, I think I would be estimating a little long.
Thank you, Thank you, Thank you ! ! !
Nice extension guys!! Five stars extension!