AJAX Scroller is a Web 2.0 module for Joomla! that displays and scrolls your site's Articles, Banners, RSS feeds, Tweets, Virtuemart products, K2 items or other content, loaded dynamically using different animation effects.
It can be used to present newsflashes, testimonials, latest news, banners, remote RSS feeds, Twitter updates, web-shop products or any other content with autoplay or manual scrolling in a smart and smooth way.
AJAX Scroller module for Joomla is highly optimized, hundreds of articles can be displayed and scrolled without any additional load on your website. It uses AJAX technology to pre-load the next article in advance so it's ready for scroll without delay. Once all items are fetched the remote requests stop while scrolling can continue. The whole process is performed without page refresh, quickly, smoothly and user friendly.
You can even duplicate the module and show different slideshows on same page. It can be configured to display several articles at once and remember the last viewed item on page refresh. AJAX Scroller is simple to install and use but powerful in terms of configurations.
AJAX Scroller key features:
• AJAX technology, making the module very quick and user friendly
• Highly optimized, pre-loading articles in advance
• Stops remote requests when all elements are fetched
• Can display unlimited number of articles without affecting the page load
• Can display and scroll several articles at a time
• Remembers the last viewed article and starts there on page refresh
• In addition to Articles, it can display Banners, remote RSS feeds, Twitter updates, Virtuemart products and K2 items
• User and friends timeline, mentions, lists and keyword search support for Twitter
• Vertical, horizontal scroll and fade switch
• Appealing visual animation slide effects including linear, expo, bounce, back, elastic
• Select displayed articles by category, multiple categories or frontpage state
• Different ordering options including random order
• Can display article images, parsing image mambots
• Optional title and read more link to the article
• Can display only intro, full text or both, limit the text length
• Navigation next/prev buttons, play/pause button and loading image
• Auto play with customizable pause time
• Strong styling possibilities, uses CSS to customize the appearance
• Possibility to display module within article content using loadposition plugin/mambot
• Possibility to display multiple instances on the same page, with individual styling
• Compatible with 3rd party plugins to open links in a lightbox rather than in a new window
• Joomla! 3, 2.5, 1.5 native (no legacy mode required) and 1.0 compatible
• Uses Mootools only, framework already loaded in Joomla, no jQuery or any other additional frameworks required
• Supports Joomfish
• Works with all major browsers: Internet Explorer, Firefox, Opera, Safari and Chrome
The thing that most annoyed me about this is that there is an option to display your slides in a random order, but this doesn't work. On the support forum, they say that the random order is different on different computers, but this is not what most people want when they want a random order. I wanted the order to be different each time you visit the site, but that can't be done with this extension.
Also, be aware that you have to set a specific size for the scroller (in pixels). You can't have it adjust to fit any screen, even if you edit the css. I also don't think there is that much you can do to change the look of the scroller without editing the css.
All that said, this extension has still been useful for me. I'm no expert and have only used it on one site, but I just thought it might help someone out to know these things before purchasing.
Many modules and components do what they advertise... just as this one does. Most modules are are as easy to set up, like this.
What sets this module apart is the superior support.
After installing the new version, it didn't work correctly. I fired an email to the developer. He responded in two minutes. One can't always expect that kind of help... but it deserves a note on the JED when it happens!
Thank you... and it turned out the problem was a conflict with my .htaccess file, nothing even to do with the module itself.
I am VERY HAPPY with this extension - but I am also one who believes that things can always be improved!
Thank you for your review! What can't be stressed enough is that AJAX Scroller is very versatile product. It can be used for Articles, Banners, RSS feeds, Tweets, VM products, it can scroll vertically, horizontally, one, two, four or more items at a time, all that using different animations and with several instances at one page. I could easily have released 20 different products for each different case and sell them separately, as many of competitors do. Instead, I chose to squeeze all those possibilities in one powerful module. Having this in mind, it's very hard to have one or two CSS styles that would cover all situations and all different templates out there. Instead, I made a DEMO site with some style examples where users can copy the styles from. While I agree it takes a little effort I'm sure you'll appreciate everything you can do with AJAX Scroller. I understand that it can be somewhat repelling to CSS beginners and I do plan to include at least a few CSS templates that can be chosen from and get you started in next versions of the module.
At the beginning I had some problem with the scroller, but that was because the conflict between MooTools and jQuery.
The AJAX Scroller has nothing to do with it.
AJAx Scroller is just perfect. Works like a charm and it's very easy to use. Just do what it says. I use it on my website for scrolling news.
You just need to tweak the CSS to make it look your suitable way. If you don't know how to work with CSS, you can ask for support and they can style your CSS (paid option!). Btw, the support is just great. Quick response too.
Keep on the good thing :)