AJAX Scroller is a Web 2.0 module for Joomla! that displays and scrolls your site's Articles, Banners, RSS feeds, Tweets, Virtuemart products, K2 items or other content, loaded dynamically using different animation effects.
It can be used to present newsflashes, testimonials, latest news, banners, remote RSS feeds, Twitter updates, web-shop products or any other content with autoplay or manual scrolling in a smart and smooth way.
AJAX Scroller module for Joomla is highly optimized, hundreds of articles can be displayed and scrolled without any additional load on your website. It uses AJAX technology to pre-load the next article in advance so it's ready for scroll without delay. Once all items are fetched the remote requests stop while scrolling can continue. The whole process is performed without page refresh, quickly, smoothly and user friendly.
You can even duplicate the module and show different slideshows on same page. It can be configured to display several articles at once and remember the last viewed item on page refresh. AJAX Scroller is simple to install and use but powerful in terms of configurations.
AJAX Scroller key features:
• AJAX technology, making the module very quick and user friendly
• Highly optimized, pre-loading articles in advance
• Stops remote requests when all elements are fetched
• Can display unlimited number of articles without affecting the page load
• Can display and scroll several articles at a time
• Remembers the last viewed article and starts there on page refresh
• In addition to Articles, it can display Banners, remote RSS feeds, Twitter updates, Virtuemart products and K2 items
• User and friends timeline, mentions, lists and keyword search support for Twitter
• Vertical, horizontal scroll and fade switch
• Appealing visual animation slide effects including linear, expo, bounce, back, elastic
• Select displayed articles by category, multiple categories or frontpage state
• Different ordering options including random order
• Can display article images, parsing image mambots
• Optional title and read more link to the article
• Can display only intro, full text or both, limit the text length
• Navigation next/prev buttons, play/pause button and loading image
• Auto play with customizable pause time
• Strong styling possibilities, uses CSS to customize the appearance
• Possibility to display module within article content using loadposition plugin/mambot
• Possibility to display multiple instances on the same page, with individual styling
• Compatible with 3rd party plugins to open links in a lightbox rather than in a new window
• Joomla! 3, 2.5, 1.5 native (no legacy mode required) and 1.0 compatible
• Uses Mootools only, framework already loaded in Joomla, no jQuery or any other additional frameworks required
• Supports Joomfish
• Works with all major browsers: Internet Explorer, Firefox, Opera, Safari and Chrome
It does work which hundreds of its users can witness about. I offered you support but you refused claiming it just doesn't work. If you have any issue on your site I am more than willing to have a look and fix it.
You can customize many parameters even if you are NOT a programmer.
VERY GOOD support from the Author: just ask and the answer will arrive very fast,
I hope that there will be new versions with more features in the future.
It installed and worked out of the box.
The default styles are easily editable in the style.css and I love how you can simple have a module specific CSS file by naming your file style.css. Great feature!
I was able to install, configure and style this to exactly meet my needs in a couple of hours.
I love the ajax loading, which is clean and fast and doesn't stack articles on initial display like some other modules I've tried (YooTheme Carousel for one).
Help page is adequate. Would be nice to have some height & width attributes configurable via the admin, but they're easy enough to find and edit in the css file.
Looking forward to playing around with this module some more.
Thanks for the review. But not sure what you mean. If you visit the demo at http://joomla15.sakic.net/ajax-scroller/ you can see that you can scroll both up and down, left and right and fade transition.
The documentation is the only concern, it would be great if the developer goes into more detail about the css options when it comes to styling the component. Sometimes you have to guess about what you have to tweak on the css file to make it look like you want it to look.