- Subscription required to download this extension
FPR will do the hard work for you; it will select new articles from your own site stock and then place them directly in the front page.
You decide how long the front page articles will remain there before a new rotation is performed.
You are too in control of the categories from where your front page articles will be taken.
If you need some content always shown in the front page, no problem, FPR can handle it.
- minus 1 star, because overpriced ($25-30 would be fair)
- minus 1 star for the support : wrote a message on the support forum two weeks ago because the administrator view does not work when demo mode is disabled (works only with demo mode enabled) : no answer
I had no problems to install nor to configure the module. Once it's installed, It works exactly as described.
Nowadays the price has increased significantly, but the module itself, the time it saves me to update my site's frontpage and the equity in my website's content exposure, well worth every single cent.
A little challenging to config - I had to re-enable the login piece and make sure the module was published to the right location. Some documentation would have been helpful, although the developer contacted me right away to help once I complained.
Anyway, I recommend this excellent module!
1. Needs a drop down list to pick a position for the fixed content
2. Specifying a Rotate every days to be less than 1 will make the site hang (probably an infinite loop)
3. Would love to have refresh every 1 hour or less than that. This will be useful where large number of documents are published.
Originally, the module wasn't designed to preform rotations in periods shorter that 1 day. Now that bug is corrected with a parameter validation and a Pro version is released with more advanced features and support for shorter rotation periods. Thank you for the feed back.
Option to display only for a certain section / category
Option to display full article with intro and main text combined without read more…
Option to keep at least one static article always on frontpage e.g. Welcome to website article to be on frontpage always than the rest of articles to be generated randomly.
Thank YOU for the feedback. Suggestions 1 and 3 are now implemented.