2J News Slider component reading content articles from Joomla category and showing them at front end 2J News Slider module, inside Joomla content article (with 2J News Slider mambot/plugin) or using direct link to 2J News Slider component. 2J News Slider building slides from the intro text of articles (with headline and images).
Very wide range of effects and settings, make it more flexible for personalization. All elements of the front end interface could be easily changed by CSS styles (in admin section of the component : CSS editor).
2J News Slider could be used in very wide range of cases. For example: as headlines rotator at your news or personal site; as showcase for property and e-commerce sites; as front end module for representing animated list of your products and services; with 2J News Slider you can easily build presentation section of your webside.
* Ordering options: order slides by joomla articles ordering, by creation date, by articles hits, by votes. Using this options you can make with 2J News Slider lists of the most viewed, most rated or latest articles
* Random slides option showing 2J News Slider slides in random order
* Ability to use articles from joomla content categories or section (multi-categories mode)
* Showing slide show of the headlines of joomla articles
* 2J News Slider support content images inside slides
* Ability to show Read More option
* HTML tags and CSS support
* New front end navigation elements: next/prev big arrows, play/pause buttons, next/prev small arrows
* W3C CSS, XHTML validate (no errors, notices, warnings )
* Fade effect
* Custom navigation panel location
* 15 effects for slide change process!!!
* All front end elements easily customizable with CSS and backend settings
* 5 front end themes already implemented in distribution package
* Ability to insert slider into joomla content articles using 2J News Slider mambot/plugin
* Ability to make direct link to 2J News Slider component
* Support Joomla! 1.0.X, Joomla! 1.5 and Joomla! 2.5 Native
* Implemented to avoid AJAX libs conflicts
* Module + Component + Mambot/Plugin for sliders management from Joomla backend.
* Possible to use few 2J News Slider instances at the same page
* Pause mode scroller stay on hold when visitor point to the current slide by mouse
* Version for Joomla2.5 implemented using Native classes and structures (didn't used legacy plugin)
* Compatibility options: ability to select main tag for 2J News Slider container: ul->li (default option), using div or span. Very useful in the case of conflicts with another code in joomla template, or some other front end module
The news slider worked well straight after install and I am impressed with what it does for me.
There was also an obscure problem (template related) that support quickly resolved for me. Support response was quick and good!
But the author was brilliant with his support - quick and helpful - and we've established that it's an Ajax clash and that when 2Joomla release their upcoming AjaxTabs extension those two should work together perfectly.
Thanks for a great extension which looks fab and is easy to install and understand.