For Joomla 2.5 and 3.+ only:
• 2.5.2: Creating thumbs from the images.
• 2.5.1: Possibility to show the articles' hits count.
For Joomla 1.5 only:
• 2.1.5: New possibilities not to limit the text and not to strip tags.
• 2.1: Show/Hide article author.
• 2.0: Much more flexible content layout via an html supported textarea.
• 1.x: Show/Hide article date and "More Articles..." link. Show/Hide current article.
Well done to the developers! :)
I needed to give the look of a live tile on my metro-style website. I found this extension does it best.
There are a couple of things that may be added:
- nicer transitions (ease-in-out would be nice)
- article images could be made 100% wide, not fixed on 90. I would make this more "responsive"
Nice extension for Joomla 3 after all.
I'm on J2.5 but i don't think that had anything to do with it.
Better luck in the future.
Everything is customisable. I like developers who accept that their idea of what looks nice does not necessarily match the idea of the customer. And more importantly, allow easy customising via the back-end. It took me about 15 minutes to have it up and running to my likings, from scratch (download, install , the lot). This is really very good work!. Vargas, thanks.
I always had the view that this module is the best time to show the news on the frontpage. But now with this new update for joomla 2.5 should consider putting something that had a version for 1.5 and removed in 2.5, which is the "Ordering". With this option I could choose to show me such newly added items (Recently Added), which is a key option for my work. Please consider making this option to continue giving such an excellent utility module.
Another flaw that I found but I could fix it, only I mention it here to recognize already, it is time to put the "suffix to the class module" (Module Class Suffix) does not work, since they lack the codes needed to it.
I wish we had found Global News sooner. It is a very customizable and easy to use module. Runs fast and stable, never an issue with this module but unfortunately its only for Joomla 1.5
Joomla 2.5 is now released and 1.7 has been stable for months now.
WE NEED A 1.7 VERSION SOON!