For upgrade install it over old version.
More than a news displayer, it is actually a powerful Article Scroller. The author have considered every possibility on the module configuration.
I spent days testing others on a demanding site until I found this which fulfill my demands.
ps: Support is great.
This is perfect and so easy, you control everything from the Module parameters. Just create an article, put the number in and set a few things the way you want and voila! Kudos to the developer! Thank you!
One little request to developer, if possible: to keep an updated changelog on new versions of DN.
Thanks Boris for Display News extension!!
Now i´m trying to put 2modules, the 2nd to display news as an agend.
The website will be soon ready.
Thanks for the good work.
BK helps quick and implements users wishes into the programm. We use the newsscroller as an information desk for pupil. Therefor the mouseover was not neccessary - now there an option to tur it off - very nice ;-)
Thank you Boris
I have two main problems with this module.
1) The image manipulation could use some work. See how the Mini Frontpage guys do it. There should be an option to float the image from the article either left or right of the content body.
2) The hover-text display for titles is easily broken when an article title contains apostrophes. I've tried adding a preg_replace under dn_filter() function but this doesnt solve the problem. I would welcome a quick fix for this.
I do not understand what justinw1970 could not do. It's easy to add or remove anything from the output.
You need to read the help text, that pop ups when hovering the field title in the module, to understand the usage of each field.
This module maintains CSS from the article with no hacks or editing PHP.
What it does well (my opinion):
- "module template" setting lets you display or remove category, section, author, date, title, text, etc from the output
- "show images" lets you scale or use "as-is"
- "into / full text" - select what to get from the article
- can specify various categories or sections by ID or can specify individual articles. Very flexible.
It also sets up very easily and is so far bug-free (not a common attribute in this category).